Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We Came, We Saw, He CONQUERED!!

TEAM B.A.D + Wives have FINALLY been made complete.

I realize this post is kind of long, sorry!

Dan’s best friend Adam got married in Vancouver, Canada this past weekend, and we are so excited for him and his new bride Nicole. I think Adam is happy, not only because he got married (obviously), but because he no longer is the fifth wheel in our adventures. (Not that it ever bothered us, but Nicole is definitely a plus!)

FRIDAY:

Dan Flew from Oklahoma City, and I flew from Austin.

I had to leave Ranger for the first time, and it was the saddest thing ever! Luckily he was in good hands!!

We met up at customs in Vancouver. It was a very interesting day of flying. Both Dan and I had delayed flights cutting it close for our connections. Luckily the second flight was held for Dan and four others, or else he wouldn’t have made it. OH THE JOYS OF FLYING!

Dan’s dad came and picked us up and we went to bed since we got in about midnight which is 2 o’clock Texas time.

SATURDAY:

We woke up and saw Dan’s other best friend Brady and his wife Lisa. Turns out their hotel room was right across from ours. They just had a little girl named Taya and she is perfect. Ah she is adorable and I must say she already loves her aunt Lesli.

We went for a run before breakfast and my lungs were ready to explode. The altitude change about killed me. I am nervous about what its going to be like in Rexburg the day of the race!!

All of us got ready and headed to the temple.

This temple made #7 for me! My different temple count is going up.

The wedding was at noon, and it was amazing. I cried through the whole thing. I just love Adam and am so proud of him for finding such an amazing girl!

After the wedding, it was pictures and more pictures, smiles and more smiles. Our hubbies and the rest of the wedding party headed to a park for more pictures while Lisa, and me were treated to a great lunch by my in-laws. It was great to catch up with them, without Dan dominating the conversation. MAN THAT BOY CAN TALK!!

Lunch was great at one of my favorite Canadian Restaurants “Boston Pizza” and then it was back to the hotel for naps. I love nap time.

Later that night there was a ring ceremony for those who were not in the temple. Adam and Nicole were so cute, and we were all so proud of Adam not cracking a joke during his vows. GOOD JOB ADAM!!

The day went by so fast, and it was already time to think about heading home. We cleaned up, and said good bye to Adam and Nicole.

SUNDAY: We said our goodbyes to Dan and Lisa, and headed to the airport. It was way to fast of a trip, less then 48 hours. Vancouver is beautiful and I wish we had more time to spend there.

I love weddings and I love that I was able to marry into such a close group of boys. I am proud to say I am married to a member of TEAM B.A.D!!

CONGRATS ADAM & NICOLE!!

We hardly touched the remote and it fell apart. I am not sure why, but we were laughing so hard about it.

Brady and Adam putting on their groomsmen ties for the wedding.

Dan and I just outside the Vancouver Temple. My face looks really fat in this picture. I don't like it.

Just hanging out waiting for the bride and groom to come out.

VANCOUVER, CANADA TEMPLE

They just look so handsome.

Me and Adam before the ceremony.

The groom and his groomsman

Me and Nicole at the reception. Her backyard and house is beautiful! It could be in the magazine Home and Garden magazine.

Uh, we are weird

The love birds

I'm not sure, but they are just funny

Little Taya, she was so adorable wrapped like a pea pod. ha ha she was so cute!

No comment....

TEAM B.A.D themselves

The famous pose that has to be done at every wedding.

At the Vancouver airport, there were birds flying around and they lived in the trees. It was adorable

My Sugar Pie. I love him so much!

He's cute when he's sleeping.


and thats the end of our Journey. Its never a dull moment for Dan and I, even if we live far apart from each other, we find some type of way of entertaining ourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lesli it looks like you are having some fun times out there. I am so happy you are loving it. Hey when are you coming into Rexburg? I am planning Jessica's baby shower and if you are coming into Rexburg sometime then maybe I could plan when you are going to be here! Just let me know! miss you girl!