Monday, September 27, 2010

Its in the Air...

This time of year I always get a little homesick.
September marks the start of the cold, the start of getting ready for the winter. The start of getting Christmas Ideas and the start of the end of the year.
Idaho in the fall is so beautiful and the air is so fresh and crisp. Compared to the Texas heat where it still feels like summer. I miss the leaves changing and the thought that in just a couple of months the town would be white with snow. I miss the fall smells at my parents home. I miss knowing that this weekend is General Conference and I won't be with my mom shopping at Mini Bizzar while the guys are at priesthood. I miss stepping out the front door and having that cold air hit my face. Its just the small little things that come flooding back to me this time of year. I love Texas, it truly has become my second home, but Rexburg will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments: