Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blue things

A boy. Ok, so when Dan first opened the envelope and got all excited I didn't know what to think.  He wouldn't tell me, he just kept getting excited. He finally shouted out " IT'S A BOY and WHAT A BOY" He shows me the ultrasound picture that the tech had put in the envelope and there were the little guys goodly treasures. IT'S A BOY! 

I couldn't figure out how I felt. I think in my mind I thought it was a girl this whole time, so I really just assumed it was going to be another girl. NOPE!! I started laughing, and my mind just started racing of everything that I don't know about little boys. I know that will come with time! We are having a boy!

The next day I immediately went out and started shopping. I admit it was weird! It was weird to not be looking at stripes and polka dots. Flowers and bows, but instead I am looking at collard shirts and graphics that are airplanes and Dinosaurs.... I again just started laughing, knowing that it's a whole new adventure. 

I truly am beyond excited. Dan is over the moon, and June doesn't really care. I think about all the fun things that boys bring into a household, but my favorite is knowing that I get to be a little boys mom. He get's to grow up with an amazing older sister, and he get's to learn to be a man from his father. When Dan and I first started discussing whether we wanted a boy or a girl, I first thought girl, to have a play mate for June, but as the months continued to creep up to the big day, I thought how could I want to miss out on having a boy?  I wanted to have another priesthood holder, a missionary, and plus boys love their mom's when they are teenagers, and girls get mean! (except June, because she's perfect) haha

I get to play with trucks, learn how to make proper "VROOOM" sounds, and to think of how him and June will play together already is making my heart melt. 

I will have a daughter and a son. I'll have it all. I couldn't be more excited, more scared, and more blessed! 








2 comments:

Kashari said...

You are going to love having a little boy. They are SO MUCH FUN! I want my second to be a boy and I'm terrified of getting a girl, I don't know what I would do :) If you have any questions, just ask me, I'm a pro!

Cisneros Family said...

You are by far one of the cutest people I know!! I love everything about you! I am so jealous you are having a little boy. I want one. You are going to be a great mom to 2. June is going to be the best big sister. I am thrilled for you guys. I love you are your cute little family.