Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Portland and Home

So I'm blogging two different stories here, and it all happened in one weekend. I am also blogging from a third party point of view. I am only sharing what I was told happened over the weekend in Portland. 

I think it took Will (Dan's brother) and Dan all of 10 seconds to decide to go to the RadioHead concert happening in Portland. Will lives there so it just made sense for them to go see the band of their dreams. 
Dan then had the idea to bring June along and play with her cousins all weekend. I talked it over with my sister-in-law Jess and she was totally pumped about the idea, so we purchased two plane tickets and never looked back. We held off on telling June because she tends to get over excited and we knew she would be asking a million times over if it was time to go yet. So the night before we asked her if she would like to go with daddy to Portland. Of course she was thrilled and had a hard time falling asleep that night and she was awake at 6am the next morning! That right there is why we held off on telling her! Haha 

We packed her up and we headed out to drop her off to daddy's work. 

They were both so excited to be going off on an adventure just those two. 

Since it was just going to be Owen, Kate and myself for the weekend, I tried to make it special as possible for the little man. He was the oldest now and ran the house. After naps we went up to the mall and rode the carousal. He loved it!! 

Kate hated it! 


We then went to Build A Bear. Owen had never been so it was something small and special that we could do for him. 

Stuffing his bear 


Owen picked out a brown bear, and dressed him like a police officer! We named him Blue. 

We then hit up a big candy store, where I let him pick out some candy. He chose a Mario coin box. The kid loves Mario. He calls himself and Dan Mario Brothers. It's cute they bond over it. 

It was fun spending the day with him and having Kate as a tag along of course. 

We opened his coin box inside and there were the cutest little coins in it. I was in love. 

That night I put the kids to bed, did some stuff around the house and climbed into bed to watch a show. Owen suddenly came in and snuggled right up to me and fell back asleep. Oh man I didn't dare move because I didn't want the moment to end. We were both so content. I watched a couple of episodes of my show while my little man slept in my arms. It was a good night. 

We face timed the next morning. I really was missing June. Obviously I missed Dan too but I couldn't believe how much I relied on June for things and how much I socialized with her during the day. I missed her so much!! 

She was having so much fun with cousins. Dan said she hardly needed him at all! She was so big and independent! She also sipped back a Dr. Pepper. 

She played hard with her cousins

Meanwhile back in Texas we ran a few errands, shopped and ended up at the play place. 




We finished the night with dinner at McDonalds. 

Dan and Will went to a basketball game 

And more cousin play!

Church with the whole bunch! Including Kit! 

My Sis-in-law sent me this picture. Totally June! Singing and getting warm. Right where I expected her to be. 

For the main reason they went! Radiohead! I'm so glad that they got to go and enjoy the band!

Life long fans for sure! 

They traveled all day on Monday while us back in Texas went on with a regular Monday. 

From what I heard the trip was a blast! I love that my hubby can still rock out and enjoy doing the things he loves. Concerts are his go-to and where ever he wants to travel and whoever he wants to see, I will support it 100%!! 

They got back late Monday night and I couldn't put June down. I missed her so so much! Glad we are all back together and now getting ready for the next adventure! 

No comments: