Sunday, March 25, 2018

Parents Came To Town!


My parents decided to make the long trek from Idaho to Texas and come visit us for the week! They drove and stopped in their old stomping grounds of Westminster Colorado and then headed our way the next day. They pulled in super late Monday but I was so excited for them to come that I stayed awake and greeted them with open arms. I was so happy to have them here.
The last time they came to visit was when we went to Fiji so I didn't have any time to really see them or spend time with them. So this trip was overdue for sure!! 

Tuesday, June and Owen both had school which worked out great only having one tag along for the day. We spent the morning shopping and had lunch before we needed to go pick Owen up from school. Kate was in high Heaven riding on grandpa's shoulders. I was having a panic attack that she might pee on him. Hahaha Potty Trained struggles. 

We got Owen home from school and Kate down for a nap, so we all just took it easy until June came home from school. We were all pretty tired from being up so late the night before. 

Owen was snuggled in real tight working on some puzzles with Nana and Papa. 

June came home from school and could not wait to show Nana and Papa that she can ride a two wheeler. Papa hopped on my bike and they rode around for a while. They were making shapes and doing little synchronized bike riding. It was pretty cute and June could not get enough of it. 


My dad wearing Owen's Helmet. June thought it was the funniest thing. 

(Oh and Dan was in Midland for a couple days, that's why he isn't pictured.) 

That night June had an open house at her school of all the work she has been doing over the past year. My goodness it was incredible to see how much she has grown and improved. She's finding her footing in what she loves to do and was so excited to show us all her work. It was extra special to have Nana and Papa there. 

Some of June's work that is up on the board. 

Art Class 

Kate stood by this poster and kept saying "I Picture. Smile" Hahaha so I had to take one of course. 

Tuesday night we got the kids settled and off to bed, then my parents and I just hung out and talked for a while. Catching up on life.

Wednesday morning is a regular yoga class that I take and my mom wanted to go. It's in a gym so my dad came to just workout while we were in class. So, funny story. The night before I told my parents to just sign up for a free five day pass at my gym and we will deal with the whole "signing up" thing later. Well we get there Wednesday morning and they bombard my parents with what kind of workouts they want and bla bla bla... So my mom and I just walk away and head to yoga class, and since my dad is so incredibly nice he listened to the whole sales pitch. Later on in class I look out the window and see my dad with a trainer working on some machines. I laughed out loud. It was so funny. He definitely took one for the team.

It was so fun having my mom in yoga class with me. My teacher called me up to run a series for a bit so it was fun teaching while my mom was in there. 
When we got home we did a little more yoga and took some pictures. My mom is the coolest!!!!! Look at that headstand!! 

Wednesday we went for a walk and waited for Dan to get home from his business trip. We walked around the lakes behind out houses and fed the ducks. 



Kate just ate her bread. Typical

My little buddy 

Dan got home that night, kids got put to bed and then we had party mix and watched Survivor together. 

Thursday morning we woke up and just had a bit of a lazy morning. Owen didn't go to school that day and we pulled June out of class early so we could all go to Lego Land with my parents. We had so much fun. 




The Lego ride where you save the Lego Princess. 

And of course a bunch of different building stations 



June bug is a huge fan of Lego Friends. We build pretty regularly with Legos and she loves watching the Lego Friends shows. So she knows all these girls. It was cute. 

Space Station 





Always keeping track of my kids and mom. Haha They cause trouble together. 

Building a tall tall tower 
Building our lego cars and racing them down the tracks

After we had lunch in the food court and headed home. We were all exhausted!
We rested for a bit and then us adults headed downtown Fort Worth for some dinner and grown up time. It was great being able to chat with my parents without little ones constantly needing our attention. 

Then Sadly on Friday morning they said goodbye and headed home. It all went so quickly but it was a great visit and the kids loved having Grandma and Grandpa here. We look forward to our summer trips planned to see family! 

Thanks for visiting mom and dad! 

No comments: