Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day of Pre-School

Today, June went to her first day of Pre-School. Well I guess it's Pre-Pre School, since she will go next year as well.

I went back and forth so much with the decision of starting Pre-School this year. To be honest, I was a bit against it at first... I thought, she has her whole life to go to school, I want her with me! But after I had learned more about this little pre-school and learning that one of my best friends here would be the teacher, along with one of June's little best friends would be in her class, I really started thinking about June and would she enjoy it.  I knew she would. June Thrives at this kind of stuff. She does so well at nursery and loves those kinds of environments. She never has been a screaming, run around kind of kid. She likes quiet, sit down and play, kind of activities and that's what this little school is all about. To prepare them for the years of school ahead. I still hesitated. After discussing with Dan many many times, and him making me feel so much better about it, and many many prayers, I felt really good about starting her in school. It's something that I knew she would love. That she learns independence without me there 24/7. It's a small small stepping stone, and it was the right choice. 

We started getting ready this past weekend. Making sure June had everything that was required for her little class. 
Her class is Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am-12:15. Short amount of time, but they have a lesson, sing songs, play and have a little lunch. It was pretty fun packing her a little lunch today. She was so excited to eat out of her lunch bag. She kept asking all morning to eat out of it. And the teacher (Makenna) told me after that it was her favorite part, to eat out of her lunch bag. Hahaha Oh I adore my little Juniper. 

At the store, I asked June what Key chain she wanted for her backpack to make it extra special. She had her choice of any princess, minnie mouse, and then batman. She chose batman and that's the one we went with. She loves it. 

So the first day of school. I was excited and she kept asking if she could go to school. I finally could tell her yes that we were going in just a couple hours. Dan gave her a little blessing before he left for work, which started the tears on my end. I love that man and how much he loves his children. It brings so much warmth to my heart to watch him give a priesthood blessing to our children. Something Dan and I both had growing up and such an important part to have in our home. 

She is simply the greatest little thing. 


We got to her school and she took off ready to go. I fought back tears the whole way in. 

June was able to pick out a spot and they put her name above where she would be putting her backpack for the school year. I was shown around, given some instructions about signing in and out June when needed and school policy. Then it was time for me to leave. To say goodbye. I say goodbye to her all the time, whether leaving her with daddy, or with friends, but somehow this felt different. I totally lingered, I just couldn't leave. How was she going to be without me?! How would I be without her!? I was holding back tears so much, I had to keep looking away.  I mean it's only 2 hours Lesli, get a hold of yourself! I just think it's what it represented. She isn't a toddler anymore. She is becoming this little girl and growing up so much. I want to stop it, but then I don't. I want to hold her back and say never mind, but then I don't, because I want her to grow to be her own person. To learn for herself. To grow into who she is meant to be. It all started right there in that room. 
I walked back to the car and held Owen extra tight and cried. It was so hard. Much harder than I thought it would be. I was a sight I'm sure, but I just couldn't help it. 
After a few tears... ok a lot of tears, I pulled myself together and ran the errands I needed to. It was so nice being so fast with just one child in hand. I blew through all my errands. hahaha 
I didn't want to be late picking her up, so I headed back up and sat in the car for like a half hour. I couldn't wait to hear about her first day.
When it was finally 12:15 I loaded OD in the stroller and we went and picked her up. She was really excited to see me, and would NOT stop talking about what she had done that day. She was so excited of all the things she got to do. 
On the way home she told me again all she had done. I was smiling from ear to ear the whole way. When we got home I unloaded her backpack and there was her first art project tucked away safe behind her lunch. The projects of many to come and I can't wait. 

I am so proud of this little girl, for going with it and not looking back. She didn't hesitate at all going into that classroom. She was excited to play with puzzles and to see other children. I love her more than words could ever say. My heart is so full of joy and happiness that I was so blessed to be given such an amazing, smart, beautiful little girl. I can't rave enough about her. Hahaha you know if you read my blog on a regular basis. But I refuse to hold back. 
I'm so excited for this school year.  All the the learning and growing that both June and I will get to do. 
Happy First Day of School Sweetheart!


LOVE YOU! 





No comments: