Friday, February 5, 2016

Dan

Today Dan officially went back to work after two weeks of paternity leave. Thankfully it is Friday and Dan gets home around lunch time, so really we just got to dip our toes into the water a bit, to see our life now with three kids. All in all it went rather well. Dan was up and out the door by 7am, which is quite different than the later in the morning wake ups we have been used to for the past couple weeks. I even managed to get the house clean, get everyone ready and do a Target run before we met Dan for lunch. We survived people. Total baby steps.

But I will talk about all that in another blog post. This post I want to write down my thoughts of my husband from these past two crazy weeks.

I cannot not thank Dan enough for all he has done through this pregnancy, labor, and now settling in as a family of five. I am so fiercely in love with this man that I get to call mine forever. He has been there for me and the kids non stop! He completely took over the kids, keeping the house clean, keeping food in the house and making sure that everything ran smoothly, like getting June to school and gymnastics, even though he wasn't getting much sleep either!

Dan has been by my side through every pain, complaint, and struggle that I have gone through. He continued to sit up with me each time I fed Kate and rubbed my back as I sat and cried because nursing was so beyond painful that first week. He made sure I was getting sleep when I could and taking the other two kiddos out of the house so it was quiet. He was just as tired but never complained or said a word. He just never missed a beat through out paternity leave and I just hope he knows how much it meant to the kids and I. How he made me laugh even when I'm crying basically everyday because my body hurt from all the recovery.

He is my rock. He makes everything better and I just hope that I am  the wife who deserves his love and pure awesomeness.

He is simply the love of my life and I can't thank him enough.
       I love Dan.

No comments: