Thursday, October 24, 2019

DAN DAN THEE AMERI-CAN

Dan was born and raised in Canada.
Came to America and served a 2 year mission in Hawaii 
Then came back to the United States for school where we met, fell deeply in love and then made our permanent home in the states. 

Dan has been in the United States for about 15 years now, legal with a Green Card. He felt though that it was finally time to become an American Citizen. 

I honestly didn't know what to expect at the ceremony. They had those who were becoming citizens separate from us forever. The kids were growing impatient. 

I was incredibly humbled being there. Our story is a pretty simple one and I'm sure there were others with similar situations, but I'm also sure that there were people there who have quite a different story about being apart of this great Country. I realized how much I take it for granted and it really made me think and appreciate all I do have and the freedoms I have. 


We watched a movie by the President, Donald Trump, and then heard many speeches. Once everyone was done talking, the started listing off the countries that people were representing that day. Many from Mexico and India... Dan was the only Canadian. 

Dan officially being sworn in. I had tears in my eyes. It was just a really cool thing to experience! 




That night we went and got ice cream and I gave him a little gift celebrating his U.S. Citizenship. 

Later that weekend we celebrated with the gang and had an official American party. They gifted Dan with flag tattoos. We ate all the American food that we could get our hands on, played white trash games in the backyard and had a heck of a time. 

Honestly I was a bit sad for Dan to become a citizen. It was always fun being married to a foreigner with a green card. Haha But America is our home and we have absolutely no intentions of ever leaving this great place! 
I'm so proud to be an American and now I get to be proud to be married to one!! 

No comments: