Saturday, October 6, 2018

Summer Trip Part Three: IDAHO!!


We hit the ground running when we got back from Canada! There was no time to waste or slow down. 
The girls putting on a fashion show with their matching hair and pajamas. My dad was their photographer. Hahaha 









The next morning that we got back from Canada we woke up and went rafting down the river. One of my favorite things! 

Dan and Owen rafting. Owen LOVED it this year!! He is getting much more confident around the water! 

Megan and Q! Quinn was dying in her life jacket! It was so funny. 

  Half way down the river we stop to take a break & play in the water!

Yes, some yoga was involved..... always 

We had a blast floating! And can't wait for next year!
We got home later that day and just played in the backyard and had dinner. 

Owen and Austin are only a couple of weeks apart in age. It is so fun having close cousins like this. They were besties the entire trip! That definitely included matching pajamas! 


Teaching yoga! 

The next day we had our Cheney family reunion. The Mendenhalls (My mom) were in charge this year. It was planned out well and everyone had a great time. 

My grandma and grandpa sharing their thoughts about the family and towards each other. It was a sweet moment. 

After the reunion, we all gathered later that night for a BBQ at my parents house. This is one of my favorite pictures with Dan. 

My grandma's ring. I love that this style is coming back! 

It was a really fun night with cousins and just catching up! 

The next day was church and my mom was teaching, so we snuck in to her lesson. Kate and all. We entertained her with snap chat filters. 

Sunday night after dinner we all headed up to the Porter's cabin for the week. We were so excited to all get on the lake and truly not have a care in the world. 


We boated our hearts out ALL DAY until the sun went down and then some! 

The kids LOVED the boat rides and splashing in the water 
 Cute cousins just hangin on the dock 

 All the kids gearing up for surfing and tubing 

My little love bugs 


Every single time Owen got on the boat he fell asleep. Just the motion of it rocked him out cold! 

Kate driving the boat

Cute picture of my sis and her hubby. It's funny because somehow this picture got marked as a favorite in my phone and then it all of the sudden was my screensaver on my apple watch! hahahah had no idea how that happened but it made me laugh.

We spent the majority of our days outside. If not on the water then down by it, floating & splashing. 



We partied all day outside and then came in for games at night. We sent all the kids over to the other cabin so it was just us adults. It was amazing! I love having older nieces and nephews! 

We all grew up playing rummi with my grandpa Mendenhall. It's been in our family forever! My dad brings it every time! No mercy! 

Out joy riding with Mich. 

We love riding all these toys! 

There was a fire from a storm earlier that day and the sky looked crazy cool!

Paddle boarding 


Yoga all the time for me. 

Like all the time 

Owen passed out once again! 

Summer Selfie 

This is one of my favorites from Kate. Her little face is just too much to handle sometimes! I love this peach to the core. 



Body surfing 

Cousins 

June loved the water (Poor Michelle Hahahaha) She wanted to surf soooo bad! She finally got it and I was soooooooo proud of her!! 

 I also learned to surf this trip! It was intense and amazing! 

One night we put all the kids to bed and us adults hit the lake. So much fun!!! We went until it was complete darkness all around us. Kinda scary but worth it! 


Playing more games!


My awesome Big Brother. 

All five siblings 

Cute little Mendenhall with baby Parker. The newest addition to the Mendenhall Clan 

My amazing parents 

The sunset was beautiful that night!

Camo the weirdo but we love him the mostest. 

Yeah.... more yoga. 

And just like that it all came to an end. We headed back to my parents house and everyone headed home. I stayed one more night and then headed out that next morning. 

See this box of Wheat Thins? I filled that bad boy completely with sunflower seeds. Gross I know. But I had a goal to fill the box and I did and then some. I am a sun flower seed addict!! 

Hotel breakfast shenanigans! 

We inhaled so many waffles into the hotels. We loved them! The kids loved them! 

Kate trying to be like June and putting Fruit Loops as eyes. Hahahaha she's my little nut job! 

We made it home safe and sound! We were all so happy to be out of the car and I don't think we drove anywhere all week long after that! It was an incredible summer trip! One I am sure we will do again and again. Summer in Idaho is the best and I love having my kids experience it!!! 

No comments: