Friday, October 22, 2010

Ranger's First Race

Last weekend, a local animal adoption center put on a race for dogs, and of course humans. There was a 5k and a 10k, but there was also a 1k for dogs. It was for a good cause and we thought it would be fun so we signed Range up for his first race.
We got to Heritage Square about 7 am and the place was swarming with dogs. Some were dressed up in halloween costumes because there was a halloween costume contest after the race. We didn't dress Ranger up, he just wore a coat, but it was fun to see all the dog costumes.
Ranger did very well, we were nervous of how he would react around other dogs, but as soon as the whistle was blown, Range took off! He was in it for the win! ha ha. It was a fun to get out and spend a Saturday Morning with Dan. I swear I'm not a crazy dog lady, really I'm not, but I can't believe how many things there are for dogs. Its a whole new world I had no idea about. ITs GREAT! ha ha
Here are some pictures! ENJOY!






3 comments:

Meg said...

Ranger looks so cute with his hair cut. Love that you did a race with him!! See you VERY soon. Love you.

Rasmussens said...

You have officially become a crazy dog lady. Ha Ha I love that you did that. Miss ya tons and love ya.

The Mendenhall's said...

That is pretty funny. I can't wait to meet him at Christmas! I hope you guys are doing good.