Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ya I re-did it

I have decided that my life needs more craftiness in it. That I want to keep the creative juices flowing all the time. Dan asks me if I am going to be one of those moms that goes way over the top and bedazzles her daughters brown paper bag lunches. To be honest I can't give him an answer because I just don't know yet. ha ha

Well I decided to get started on my craftiness and refinish a desk we found for super cheap at a garage sale! It was actually kind of hard taking off all the varnish and getting it to bare wood and all that crap. I was so tired after like 5 minutes, ha ha I suck. I finished it though and we finally got it moved upstairs to the main level.

I'm pretty proud.
I had to drill new holes for the handles because the other holes didn't fit any hardware and breaking Dan's drill bit in the process!!
I had to strip the varnish and then I had to strip the varnish remover
Then paint.
It turned out pretty good!!
This is just the beginning! I want to do the whole nursery. I haven't found any particular theme/design I liked for her room, so I am doing my own thing. I'm pretty excited and it will keep me busy during the summer! I will keep you updated once that project begins, but until then stay creative my friends.

2 comments:

Kenton Anderson said...

ok, i am totally jealous. I tried to redo a desk and it didn't turn out nearly as good as yours! Congrats, it looks awesome!
p.s. I am going to send your thing. . . haha- we are in the middle of moving so it has taken me a while but it is going to be sent!
Hope you are feeling good. Your little belly is so cute!

Cisneros Family said...

Your desk looks great. Nice job!! I am impressed!! And I love your baby bump!! You are adorable. I almost got a little emotional. :) I can not wait for this little girl!! Love you!!