Sunday, September 8, 2013

33 weeks... or 35 weeks...?!?!?

I have no idea. 

Get ready for some more pregnancy updates! Well more than just every 5 weeks. We are in the 2 week visit time now, so it's time to do more pregnancy updates... I know what your thinking... lucky you! Bahahahah! 

So we are a little confused whether so say I am 33 weeks along or 35 weeks along... Here is why:

This past Thursday I go in for my regular Dr. appointment, and had a sonogram to see the little guy. The last one before we actually get to see him and not just bits and pieces. The Ultra Sound Tech (Suzan) did her thang  and told me that everything is looking fantastic! All body parts are there, Spine looks good, heart good, all that stuff... Good! 

She looked at my chart and then back to the screen, then one more time at the chart. She smiled and said "you my dear have a big baby!" He is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule! She told me that Dr. Hoffman will probably want to discuss what we wanted to do for this little guys birth, and when would be the best time to do it. I obviously got so giddy! I mean we have absolutely nothing ready, but I am so ready to hold my baby boy, for June to be a big sister, and just to get him here safe and sound! 

My Doc had to run off and deliver a baby, so I wasn't able to see him until later on that afternoon. 
I go back and we sit and chat for a while, ya know, about how I'm feeling, my weight gain is good... bla bla bla! Get to the good stuff! When can I deliver this baby?!?!

He laughed at me.. In a good natured kind of way! 

Baby boy is growing at a fast rate! He is ahead of the game already! 
So my original due date is Oct 27th, but Dr. Hoffman moved it up to the 13th. Now don't get all excited like I did... I may have even done a little hop on the table because I was so excited! He did tell me that even though they are moving up my due date, they will not induce me until the 23rd... If I don't  go into labor before then. He is just concerned about his size and me delivering a big baby and the stress it will do to my body! I don't want to go through any of that stress either! I am all more than willing to deliver whenever he feels necessary, I guess we will see! 

 So most likely June and baby brother will have birthdays 3-4 days apart depending on how long I am in labor for.

Dan was out on an oil rig for the week, and he gets no cell service down there, so I had to wait and tell him! I was so excited to shave 2 weeks off! It's a VERY GOOD FEELING! 

So now we just kind of wait and see. I went into a little bit of panic mode because we really have nothing done and that means I have 6 weeks to complete it all! Full swing baby mode starts now... or well it started this past weekend. 

Alright lets get to the pregnancy stuff: 

I am posting this picture for one reason only! To actually show how LOW I am carrying this boy! It's either swimsuit or butt naked! June and I were out enjoying the pool and being outside, when I saw my reflection and realized how really low my belly is! When I was pregnant with June, she was so high! Like I couldn't breath, because I felt like her whole body was in my ribs... So I snapped a pic and am posting it here for all to see. 



Ok update:

UPDATE: ME



FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: Again, not really sure to say 33 weeks or 35, so let's stick with 33 weeks and hope that he comes early! I have gained 4lbs and I really am feeling it. I really feel fat this pregnancy. And I am not just saying that so you say "I look great" I am just being honest for true documentation. It's my thighs... They have expanded so much and I really really really hate it! I cannot wait to get those suckers back down to a normal size. I do squats, prenatal Pilates, and have increased my walking. (I can't run, I'm just to rounded) I eat a lot so that isn't helping anyone, but it just bugs me. Get over it Lesli and welcome to an 8 month pregnant body.... 

EMOTIONS: Starting to pick up a bit more. I'm crying a lot more now days, and I can't even think about little June not being my only child because I start sobbing and have to go hold her for a half hour. It's hurting a little more knowing what this change is going to do to her, and just the thought of her not being my little tag along anymore and caring for two about does me in! 
Don't get me wrong, I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED AND GRATEFUL to be having this little boy. I don't want June to be an only child, it's not fair to her, she deserves siblings, to play with and push around and be the boss over, but gosh we have had a good two years and it will be a little sad to end the little duo.

CRAVINGS: It has started up again! My craving for cement! Oh I just want to take a big bite out of the side walk, and when it rains the smell of wet cement sends me to my knees, it just smells so good and again, I want to eat it! It makes my teeth ache for it! 
I craved cement when I was pregnant with Ju Ju's so I know it's nothing to be worried about. I won't actually eat cement, it's just something that drives me crazy. 
We have officially started buying the big cheap bags of cereal because I am going through it to fast... Maybe that has something to do with my thighs! 

LOVE MOST: The fact that I got to bump up my pregnancy by 2 weeks! That's a huge deal! I am also in love with all the cute boy clothes I have been finding, thanks to some online resources and friends understanding my annoyance with fictional characters all over the place! They tell me where to find cute boy clothes! Thank goodness!! 

SCARED ABOUT: Just June and how much this is going to impact her. I really think I am starting to get ready, mentally, for this babe. It just has clicked, and I may not know what I am getting myself into, and I don't know how his temperament will be, but I am starting to put together what life can possibly be like with 2 kids.  Will it be realistic?!? I don't have a clue. 

UPDATE: BABY BOY


FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: Baby boy is measuring at 35 weeks and weighing in at 5 lbs.  At this point, most babies are weighing in at about 3 1/2 lbs to 4 lbs, so he is just measuring a little big. June was a good sized baby too, you wouldn't know it now from her smallness, so we will see. 
Everything is looking great! Healthy heart beat and everything is functioning as it should! Hoping all continues to go well! 

NAME: Remember last update how I said we had a name we were using.... Well that name is now out! I just realized I hated it and can't call him that. So I have a new name, which I think I might be in love with, now it's just taking Dan some convincing. He has to give it a fair chance because this is how it was with the name for June, just vice versa! He will grow to love it, I just know it! hahaha. Don't ask what it is, because I'm not telling until Dan is on board! 

RANDOM THINGS: Just lots to do, and the list "Before baby comes" is getting longer and longer! Dan and I are more and more excited! We talk about baby with June as much as we possibly can... She knows where baby brother is, and that he is "Sleeping in my tummy" for now. She is so good with other little baby friends, and very gentle. I hope she takes that into consideration for her little brother. 
Life is good folks! 



2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow only 4 pounds? That's insane! I gained twice that in my first trimester this time around. You do look great and I'm jealous in how far along you are. As for his name I hope you can convince Dan, I hate not having the baby named, it drives me crazy. Good luck the next few weeks, you are almost done!

Unknown said...

Yeah Pez your skinnier than me and I'm not even pregnant. Life with two is fun, and I cried a little after at first cause I couldn't give Jaden my 100% all the time and it made me sad. You totally learn to balance it though and it's work but so rewarding and fun!!