Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a wonderful and crazy Mother's Day weekend. So much was going on that we never really stopped!

Kate just keeps getting better. I mean I seriously could not ask for a better baby. Maybe she is being so good, because she knows whats to come? I don't know, but for now I will take the sweetness! 

The kids were both pretty worn out one afternoon and fell asleep in the car. It was so quiet that I just stayed in the car and let them sleep. 

Just little Kate and I after nursing her one afternoon.

June had a special Mother's Day celebration at her school. I was able to drop Owen and Kate at a friends house and got to be there for June. They put on a little program for us. 



They made each mom a placemat with questions about their mom, a picture with their mom and their little handprint. These were June's answers to the questions. 


Then we ate. It was so awesome just being there with her and not worrying about Kate or Owen. It made just a little bit more special. 

June had come down with a pretty nasty cold a few days back, but she said she was feeling good to go to school so I let her. She was acting a bit tired at the Mother's Day Celebration but she said she was ok. When I picked up Owen and Kate June was out. 

She slept the afternoon away

Friday we took it easy. I went to the gym and then we got ready for daddy to come home from work. 
That night we went to a Cinco De Mayo party. We rocked some karaoke. 

Saturday morning we woke up and played for a bit. I went for a run, then Dan went out running too. After he got home we headed to a birthday party and spent our morning at the park. 


After the park I went to yoga, and then got cleaned up for our Wards BBQ. The Relief Society was in charge of it, so we had to go early to bring the food and get set up. The kids were so tired and I felt bad for dragging them out, but I had to be there and needed Dan's help with the grills. 

While we were getting everything ready, Owen was just sitting on a bench and I went to go find June. I thought she was at the playground, but she had laid down in the shade and had completely fallen asleep. 


At that moment I knew we needed to get these kids home. Dan and I took them home and then I headed back to the BBQ to help clean up. 

Kate discovered her hands this weekend. It has been so funny to watch her. She just stares at them. She gets really excited when they grab a blanket or toy or when they clasp together. It's the greatest. 

Saturday night, Kate decided to give me an awesome Mother's day gift and sleep through the night! But turns out when she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night to eat, things get pretty sore. So I had to pump at like 4am. Happy Mother's Day to me! Haha 

We have church at 9am. We always have to wake up pretty early to get everything ready and get there on time. I wanted a picture with my kids on Mother's Day. You get what you get. 

I am so grateful to be a mother to these three beautiful children! THREE! I still tend hold my breath sometimes and think this isn't real! I can't have three kids! But I do and I am so incredibly in love with each of them. Their quirks, their laughter, their moodiness, and neediness right down to each hug and kiss. I am the luckiest. 

The primary sang in Sacrament, which I absolutely LOVE! June just is awesome at singing! 
Then we got a Mother's Day treat at the end of church, which I shared with Dan. Because I love him lots and we share everything. 

June wanted a picture of just her and I. 

We attempted to take naps and watch baseball. It was a quiet Sunday afternoon. Once everyone was up and ready to move a bit, we opened some Mother's Day gifts. June made me a little necklace and I truly love it. This little girl has more heart than I know of any four year old. The things she says and does sometimes blows me away. I was very spoiled this year. Dan treats the mother of his children very well! Thanks Hubby! 


After gifts we went for a walk down to our park. June rode her bike and I long boarded along side her while Dan pushed the stroller. 

While the kids played. 

So I tried to go down the slide on my belly. It did not go well. My arm got stuck, I couldn't move and I was laughing so hard! 

 We played hard at the park and then headed home for dinner. Dan took care of everything! So I got to sit in the living room and be with the little ones that make me a mom. I face-timed my mom and chatted with her for a while and then went in the kitchen to hang out with Dan. 

He made my favorite meal including a caesar salad. It was delicious and I ate way more than I should of. 


 That night we got kids to bed, and just related from such a crazy weekend! It was fun and enjoyable but it wore us all out.


No comments: