Wednesday, May 9, 2018

San Fran Girls Trip

My sister's, mom and I love getting together for girls' trips and we haven't been on one since my parents left on their mission.  So it was definitely time to make a trip happen. I have heard amazing things about the yoga in San Francisco so I mentioned it to Megan who lives there and then is slowly just escalated to all of us heading to California. It was perfect and it was so fun!


I loaded up the car and headed to the airport. I was looking forward to the quite flight of movies, magazines and music! No kid to take care of! I always love flying without kids. Haha

Dan sent me this text before I boarded my flight! June crashed so hard on her bike and while he was trying to get her calmed down, Kate took Dan's phone and called 911!!! Bahahahahaha

The 911 operator called back to make sure nothing was wrong. Dan had to explain the situation. the operator wasn't too thrilled but it was still pretty funny. I thought anyways! 


The original plan was to fly in Thursday and have a long weekend in San Fran, but I have some yogi friends in San Francisco and they told me all about these places to take yoga pictures and where to take a yoga class! So I planned to go a day early to do all my yogi stuff and then spend the rest of the weekend with my sisters and mom. 

Word got out and before I knew it my mom and sisters all came in the day before and tagged along with all the yogi adventures and I AM SO SO HAPPY THEY DID!!!! Megan had to work, so it was up to us to navigate around the city! We laughed and had so much fun getting lost all over the place. 

We first started at an awesome yoga studio! It was an hour long class and it was amazing! I LOVED IT! I was also super pumped to have my mom and sisters there with me! 

After we cooled down we got some drinks and snacks and then hit the ground running with taking yoga pictures all over the city! 

I think my sisters and mom were a bit hesitant at first but then they really got in the spirit and started doing yoga pictures themselves! It honestly made me so happy! 
 

Michelle rocked that puffy vest without a shirt on underneath!! Hahaha 

We first went to Presidio Park! It was so fun and had amazing picture opportunities!  

Michelle was constantly being asked to take pictures for other people! 

More Yoga pictures 

The bottom of my feet were so dirty from taking pictures all over the city barefoot! 

We just spent the day doing yoga all over the city. 


Mich pretending to hold up the bridge. hahaha 

This seagull let us get so close to it! This isn't zoomed in or anything! 

We had so much fun going all over the place. We laughed so hard and got lost so many times but it was awesome. 

We wrapped up all our yoga adventures and headed back to Megs house to get cleaned up. 

We had dinner that night and then just chit chatted and played with megs little girls for the rest of the night. 


The next day was a bit cloudy and rainy, but it was still beautiful. I even went out and did yoga in the rain. It felt good. 


We went and hand lunch at this awesome pizza place. Loved their diet cola! 

It was still drizzling rain but we went and hiked up to some land marks. We were all pretty wet and we were laughing so hard. 



We also did some shopping! 

After a wet day we all came home, showered and got in comfy clothes for the night. We ordered in Sushi and spent our night practicing yoga moves, watching a movie and just playing around. 

Meanwhile back in Texas, Dan was having a great time with the kids. Once everyone calmed down from the 911 fiasco, the rest of the weekend went really smooth for them. 


Owen had a soccer game Saturday morning, and the weather was warm so it was a good little weekend for them. 


Saturday morning we played with the girls for a bit 

Then we went and ran the hills and stairs of San Francisco. Whew! They were quite the stairs to climb but it felt good to get the heart pumping like that. 

We did three rounds and then called it good. Doing yoga at the top! It was such a pretty view. 

A yummy cupcake and macaroon shop! So cute and so freaking good!! 

Lunch at this cute cafe garden. 


We spent part of our Saturday at Fort Point. 


My sisters 

We went down to the Pier to all the sea lions and to go Ghirardelli Square for some chlorate and ice-cream. 



Then before the sun set on our last day, Meg drove us up this beautiful mountain for a view of the city! It was gorgeous. 



We rested and watched movies while the girls played.  

Sunday was the day to head home but we all had a bit later of flights, so we decided to go see the other side of the bridge and ocean views. 

We were trying to get to this one spot but we lost the trail somehow, so we made our own. Haha 

We spent the morning at the beach, just playing and enjoying the quiet. 

I was the first one to leave so my sisters all took me to the airport. 
Megs cute house! 

It was such a fun trip! I'm so thankfully for the relationships I have with my sisters and mom. We love spending time together and trying to get together as much as possible! Can't wait for summer!! 

No comments: