Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Back to Idaho Summer 2019


We headed back to Idaho early early and made it in time to go do a round of golf, have Fongs and set up tents for all the kids to sleep in, in the backyard. I never, ever, ever grow tired of my parents backyard! 

The next morning, we woke up and we were able to go do Baptism's for the dead. It was so fun to be back in the Rexburg Temple. I loved being there with my family! 

My Nephew is serving a mission right now in New Hampshire. 



Lot's of picnics on the tramp. The kiddos lived outside. They were hardly inside at all! 

We did our traditional cabin day and had a blast on the water!

Paddle boarding all day long! 

All the Mendenhall Crew! 

One night we had a family talent show! Owen sang the Alphabet backwards 

The girls sang and did actions to "Old Town Road" 

Back to the cabin with Jet skiing and swimming in the Lake





Lots of play time with cousins 







I always tell Dan that he looks good with another baby... Hahaha no don't worry, Lancaster family is complete! 


The view heading back down for the lake 

After we got home and cleaned up from the lake, it was game time to get ready for our big hike up to Table Rock. 
We had an early morning rise but the views were totally worth it! We were all so excited to get on going! Look at those Tetons!

Majority of our crew, minus my mom, who I believe was taking the picture. 

Sister love!



This sign at the beginning of the trail!! !Goodness I was freaking out! 

Straight up the mountain we go. It was a crazy hike up! 


All the nature was soooo pretty! I could have taken a million pictures with how gorgeous everything was!



Brother Mikey!






Power House who I call mom! She is boss up in these mountains!!! 






My dad is legit! He's the most amazing sincere person I know!! 




We stopped to take a break and get ready to literally just climb straight up that mountain!


We FINALLY made it to the very tippy top of the mountain and the views were amazing over the Tetons!!! 


It was amazing have Dan be there and do this hike together. We had a lot of fun and I was so proud of his hustle up the mountain. 


I love these ladies so much! 


Meditation up on the mountain 

We were trying to pretend they were falling off of the mountain. Hahaha it didn't really work 




After eating lunch, getting a million and one pictures we headed back down the mountain! We honestly thought the hardest part was behind us, boy were we wrong! 

The trails were tiny going back down and we literally were just hanging out on the side of  a mountain! It was crazy! 



I loved all the natural creeks that were made throughout the mountains. 


I fell many times while hiking down the mountain. The snow was so slick! 

The snow melt was crazy and had to hike through creeks but were basically rivers

Knee deep water 


We hiked and hiked and hiked some more. We felt that we had gotten lost and we seriously just kept on trucking down the mountain. It was scary but also pretty funny because we were all so exhausted and wanted nothing more than to get into the car. 

We finally finally finally made it to the car and it was a glorious sight. 
That night we were so tired and we were all ready for bed.

It was one of the funnest hikes I have ever done and I loved it! I want to do something like it again next summer! 


We didn't slow down at all! That next morning we woke up, put our swimsuits on and headed to the river to float down. It's a family tradition! 

Riding in these little bug floaties were so much fun! The kids loved them! 

The entire gang. We had so much fun floating this summer. June is getting so much braver and had a blast with cousins! 


Little Kater bug had a blast floating the river

Our half way stop! We had so much fun playing and splashing around in the river. The water was cold but it felt good on a hot day! 


Owen was getting really brave this time! The kid is slowly starting to get braver in water!

Me and Brooke 

Mikey keeping check on all the littles. Mike was amazing! 


I really like this picture of my dad! I mean I love Michy too but its such a jolly picture of my dad and I really love it! 


Cute kiddos playing in the water 



I love this little Go Go's so much!! He makes me so happy! 








We headed back to my parents house and had a fantastic day outside!

The next day everyone headed home but we still have a day or two left. We headed to Bear World!


Grandma is the freaking best!! 

Sweet little Kate. I love her the mostest!



On the roller coaster ride!






Kate was so intrigued with the chickens and their eggs that they had laid in the petting zoo 




Sleeping with little Kate. 

Our last day we spent at the splash park with Sammi and Quinn. We love our cousin time






These two were so precious sleeping next to each other!

Waking up and about to hit the road! 







And then just like that we were headed back to Texas! 


We made it back to Wyoming and June and I sent this picture to Dan. Letting him know that we had made it safe! 



These two did great at sharing a bed!

Kate finally took a nap in the car. It only took over 24 hours for her to actually fall asleep. haha 

Before I left my sister gave me a challenge to fill a cereal box completely full of sunflower seeds. I totally took that challenge to heart and filled an entire box!


We pulled into Texas late afternoon and it felt so good to be home! So crazy of a trip and it was a whirlwind for sure, but its something that I love doing every summer and the memories that we are making with our family!!! 

No comments: