Monday, March 23, 2009

THE PAST WEEK'S THOUGHTS

Let me explain, that I use this blog to rant, and rave about different things, my worries, my problems, my happiness, my loves, my loses, and so on and so on. If you hate that kind of stuff, and well don't really care, then don't read this post, because I just need to get some of my fears out of my head. You better believe that this is about moving, and what life is going to be like after July. You can roll your eyes and say get over it, it will all work out, but I am scared, and I am not going to pretend. 
I am scared to graduate, and actually get a job in my field
Where will I get our clothes dry cleaned?
What if someone asks me about my church, and I don't have a good enough answer?
What do I say when someone bashes the Mormon church? 
Why did I chop off all my hair, when I am going to have to wear it curly in the humidity? 
How often am I going to resent my family for getting together without me?
Will I cry a lot? 
We think that it might be time for kids, but can I do it without my mom there all of the time? 
People say expect to be approached to go into  crack houses in Waco, What the? Really? 
What if I get lost, I can;t just pull over and ask strangers, they might shoot me
How many times will I hear the Tornado sirens go off? 
Will I get eaten by spiders? 

Pretty sure I can't stop thinking about all these things, and it freaks me out. Pretty sure people are sick of me asking these questions, but I don't care. Pretty sure I am completely stoked to move, but petrified of the thought of what the answers  to these questions.
Pretty sure I question if I am strong enough, I guess I have to be. 

10 comments:

Nancy said...

You are awesome Lesli! And because you are awesome, I know that you will do great going into this new world of uncertainty. I wish you the best of luck tackling all these new problems in life. Let Heavenly Father help you guys through everything. Good Luck!!

Jessica W. Clark said...

Lesli, those are good reasons to be worried, but I know that your strong and amazing person, and you will do great you always do! I mean how long have I known you? 4 years now? And I haven't seen anything you haven't succeeded in! Your amazing! You will do just fine!

Meg said...

The Answer to all your questions is YES. But they will only make you stronger. They really will!! You can hear over and over again that things will be ok, but the truth is they will be ok but you won't know for yourself until you get out there. It will be the best adventure ever. You will not always have the answers, tears will be shed and I will be there 100% of the time for you. It's ok to have these feelings les! But that's what new friends, old friends and your family are for. I promise that if you ever call me and tell things are REALLY bad then I promise to jump on a plane and come out right away. But things have to be really bad, like I mean a spider will have to be eating you :-) You can do it!! LOVE YOU!

Rasmussens said...

Take Meg's advice, she knows all your feelings. Know that you are loved everyday and missed everyday. When you have kids and you have had enough, call and I will help. I don't have mom everyday and somehow my kids are alive. IT also gives me an excuse to visit TExas. I love that you guys go to these new places. I get to live through you a little. Just know that I love you.

Marcy Cheney said...

Been there, done that and what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!! You are stronger than you realize and with Dan at your side, there's no tellin' what you will accomplish. What a great opportunity for Dan to get a first class education and ya never know, you may even teach those Texans a thing or two about a thing or two! We love you guyz and know you will get through this adventure and come out on the other end even stronger than today.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awww Lez Pez I freaking love you and think you will do absolutley wonderful in Texas. All your thoughts and fears are completely normal and I would be the same way lol you know I would! Let me know if you need someone to vent to...I'm always here to listen! Love ya my little fopper!

megan said...

LESLI! You're making me sad with all these comments about leaving. Honestly moving away isn't too bad. I swear! You get to know the area pretty fast and it gets fun to explore around. It does get hard when family gets together without you, but it makes the next time you see them even more GREAT! (and even though it's hard to imagine you WILL see them all again) Don't get me wrong it isn't a walk in the park moving from the place you've grown up in and lived for your whole life, but it's such a fun adventure!! And it makes you and your husband even stronger because you're doing it TOGETHER - you get to find the grocery store and place to get your dry cleaning done and new friends and everything with the person you love. Call me whenever you are feeling scared because I've totally been there!! The first day we got to Charleston my first summer I saw a guy taking a lady's purse and I was freaked out to leave the house again for like a week haha! I hated being there but you get used to things and they don't seem so bad-more like an adventure with your husband. But really you are strong and successful and you'll do AMAZING! Love ya.

Cisneros Family said...

Oh, my little Lesli. You know how to make me cry and laugh at the same time! I am going to miss you so much. I love you always, and I know you are going to be just fine. You are so strong!! You can do anything. I am going to come and visit you, especially when you have a baby!! I am definately concerned about getting eatin by spiders! But I know you will be fine. You have all the support you need. I love you lester.

Suzy & Todd said...

You echo my thoughts before I moved completely. It's freakin' crazy being on your own. But, Todd and I are having the time of our lives being just us and being away and acting like grown ups with real live jobs. Ha ha, who knew we'd actually grow up some day? I didn't see that one coming.