Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Verdict is....

Well, here we are. The decision has been made...... Drum roll please............................
Ok people, we are moving to Waco Texas, yep I am going to become a Texan! Now, I am super excited, but also super scared. Just ask my friends Samantha and Quincy. I was with them when Dan told me that Waco has offered him a way better deal then expected, and even the advisor at Colorado, told him that this was a great offer and that he should take it. So the next step is finding a place to live, and heading on our way. We plan on going down there mid May to get a look at the town, and find a home for the next two years. Ok after writing this, I just started freaking out. Wow, I am moving out of the western states and actually going somewhere far, TEXAS! HOLY CRAP!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

That's exciting and scary!! I haven't ever lived anywhere besides Washington and Idaho. I think it would be fun to live someplace else for a while though. Good luck and congratulations!

Marcy Cheney said...

Congratulations on your decision! I know that you and Dan will have a great time in Texas and make it a fun place to live. Remember...you do have Tom & Cindy and all their kids in Texas so at least you won't be all alone. Not sure how far they all live from Waco, but what an adventure for y'all. You better get used to saying that one (y'all)as it's pretty much standard grammar in the South. Love you guys

Cisneros Family said...

I really am very excited for you, but I have to wipe the tears away as I think of you moving! I will really really miss you. I am just going to think it is not real until you really leave. I am proud of you guys and your decision. I love you.

Meg said...

YIPEE! TEXAS here I come! I promise to visit you..Les it's going to be so great!!! This is so exciting for the two fo you! YIPEE again!

Powell's Place said...

Good Luck! You'll have fun being in a new place.

Unknown said...

Ok you don't have to answer me on facebook now cause I know the answer to the question. Well I'm super excited for you guys and now have a reason to come to Texas so I can vist! CONGRATS! Are you guys going to get a house or apartment?

Celia said...

That's awesome!!! Lesli, it will be hard in the beginning but I promise that it gets better with time. I moved from Argentina to Utah, Utah to Hailey and then to Rexburg and I have learned so much through the whole process. You guys are so fun and outgoing that it will help you to get use to the new place quickly.

Winston said...

Hey Lesli! I'm excited for you! I don't know where Waco is but if it's anywhere near San Antonio it's beautiful. That's exciting that you and Dan get to start an adventure together. It'll strengthen your relationship. After visiting Bryan in San Antonio, I want to go back and visit again and now I have a good reason to!

Olive the Gores said...

HOLY CRAP it is! Lesli a southern belle...and WACO of all places!!! What an adventure it will be..you will have lots of fun! EXCITING and SCARY!!! Good Luck