Monday, June 8, 2009

A camping he will go

Well the start of the end has begun today. Dan left for field camp this morning and this point was the beginning of us actually getting ready to move. Its hard simply because I am alone. Dan is gone for six weeks on his geology field camp. I mean he does get to come home on Saturdays but what is hard is that all the data and research that they collect through the week they come back on Saturday to log it all into the computer, but at least I get to see him for a little bit. Its so funny because we have been talking about field camp when we first started dating, and it felt forever away! It was forever away, two years away! Now its here and its the start of the count down. Dan will be back July 13th, we graduate the 23rd, and then we move July 31st. Its going to be a long six weeks but I hope to keep myself busy with starting to pack up the house, friends, family, school and work. ha ha am I not the biggest complainer you have ever heard? I love it!

8 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Awww...sorry you and Dan have to be apart, but thank heaven for Saturdays, right?? We can't wait to see y'all at the reunion next weekend...YAY!!! Love ya

Jessica W. Clark said...

WOW! Sounds crazy! Let me know if you need any help! We should have girl's night so you don't seem so lonely all time! I'm thinking we need another cookie monster!!!!!!!

Colby and Samantha said...

Ahh field camp has finally arrived! haha that is so sad! Well we will definitely have to see hannah now!

Rasmussens said...

Wish you lived closer. Can't wait to see you at the reunion.

BL said...

thats so tough! I feel for ya! good luck!

megan said...

uh 6 weeks is a REALLY long time. You deserve to complain a lot (i always do when ry's gone). Hang in there!!

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about when Dan was going on that 6 week leave but I guess I got my answer. Well Pez if you need a friend or are lonely you know you can always drop by!

Starla said...

No fun. I loved Geology but had to switch that as my minor because I couldn't do field camp with a kid. the overnighters were hard enough. Hopefully the 6 weeks will go by fast. At least you are still in Rexburg so you have fam around ya, that would be no fun having him gone while you were in Texas. We are excited to see you guys at the reunion. Hopefully Dan gets to join you in Lava!