Saturday, December 18, 2010

Moving Upward

Literally we are moving up! To the big city of Dallas TX. We actually have known for a while, but I have been super busy, and then super sick so I forgot to blog about it! I know, I let myself down a little bit too!

Through the month of November Dan received Job offers, that could take us all over, but after much deliberation, prayer and more prayer we decided to take the offer in Dallas Tx. Texas really has become home for us, we have loved it here and we really wanted to stay in the state so our wish came true.

Dallas is only about 1 1/2 hours north of Waco (where we live now) so moving is going to be super easy! I am so excited to be closer to a LDS temple, an international airport, and of course MUCH better shopping. Dan is happy just to have a Hockey team that he can cheer for down in the states (SILLY CANADIANS AND THEIR HOCKEY!)
I do admit that I am a little intimidated by such a large city, but I know I will learn my way around and LOVE IT!!!

We're not moving until May, but we are already anxious to get going. I guess once you know that next step is available all you want is to go, but I am trying to enjoy my last months here in Waco and experiencing everything we can.

Anyways just thought I would share the update!

HERE'S DALLAS!

7 comments:

megan said...

Congrats Les! Ryan lived there the summer I went to visit him and its a cool city! Miss you!

Mary said...

Luke and I have really missed seeing you guys- we didn't know you were sick, but we are glad you're feeling better!

We want to talk to you all about your job in Dallas and where you're going to move to and all of that. HOORAY! :)

See you soon!

Nancy said...

Cool! Congratulations! I hope Dallas treats you well!

Powell's Place said...

How exciting to know where you are going! Congrats!

Celia said...

Congratulations on the job. Wish you guys the best.

Meg said...

WAY TO GO LITTLE SIS (Well really I should say way to go Dan) we just follow our husbands where ever they go :-) But it sure is a fun ride!

See you soon!

xoxox

Audrey said...

Yeah! Glad you're staying in TX! Too bad we're moving away from here. You'll really enjoy the Dallas area. Can't wait to meet up with you guys again!