Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh How a Song Sticks in Your Heart!

There truly is something magical about Christmas, and all that comes with Christmas, Yes even the shopping, the gift wrapping, and the hustle and bustle, and I LOVE IT ALL!! I never get sick of the repetitive Christmas music that plays on all my stereo's all month long! Every time I hear the orchestrated song "Sleigh Ride" I can't help but to think of those years I played the violin in my high school Orchestra in the Tabernacle on Temple Square, SLC. This was a major tradition for my high school and every year was AWESOME! Our big finale was always the Sleigh Ride song. We had the whip sound and all along with Mr. Hansen our Director playing the trumpet as horses.
I think back to those times and how awesome we thought we all were in high school. Oh wait I still think I'm pretty awesome. How riding a massive bus for 4 hours would be the highlight of the trip. Walking around temple square and looking at the lights, eating at Olive Garden and always disobeying the chaperones by sneaking out of our hotel rooms. I now realize how awful that is, and how much those parents had to of hated my friends and I, but to be honest I am sure I would do the same thing all over again.

I know that these little memories I write about are pointless to some of you to read, but I don't think before I put things on my blog, and I know that many of you , who went to Madison High School and played in the Orchestra, will be laughing about this, as your own memories come flooding back.
This is something that just popped into my head as I'm sitting here listening to "Sleigh Ride" :)

REMEMBER GREAT MEMORIES THIS CHRISTMAS, AND REMEMBER TO MAKE AWESOME NEW ONES!!!

LOVES!

These are my friends from High school. We all were in Orchestra together for many many years!
Vanessa, Megs, Siri, Deidre, Katherine, Heather, Me, Danielle, and Nicole

I believe this was my Jr. Year in Highschool (Date is wrong on Camera)

3 comments:

megan said...

Oh my gosh Les! I love this post! I seriously think of Orchestra every time I hear that song, too. What great memories. I loved those trips. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas!! You wouldn't happen to be going to Rexburg, would you?

Kenton Anderson said...

Oh man- I laughed over this one for a while! This trip was always the highlight of the year! It doesn't seem that long ago but man, looking at all the hairstyles makes me realize that it was a while ago!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
p.s. you going to be in Rexburg over Christmas? If so, we want to see you!

The Mendenhall's said...

Mr. Hansen thought he was pretty awesome too when he turned around and played that trumpet!