Wednesday, July 6, 2011

5th 4th of July

This is our 5th Fourth of July together! A few things have changed here and there but we still find eachother entertaining so we keep sticking around.

Just so you know I was having a bit of fun with black and white photos.


Range and me... We were waiting for Dan to get off work on Friday. I know I don't have to say how much I love this little guy.

Our 4th was spent in the grand city of Dallas. I'm loving it here more and more and there is just so much shopping! Let's hope Pioneer decides to keep Dan around so he can afford my spending habits. I believe I am turning into a shopaholic and I just learned they are opening an H&M!! MY FAVORITE STORE!

We went to the Science exhibit and just walked around the fair grounds. I of course had to take a belly picture. It's her first 4th of July after all. :)

Dan and I waiting for the fireworks. I'm really proud for Dan wearing so much Red, White, and Blue. He is becoming more and more American everyday. In Fact he just received his permanent green card, and can apply for citizenship in February.

He makes it a point to tell me every now and then that I will be the only one in our Family that won't have duel citizenship.

The Dallas Fire works. We were worried we wouldn't get fireworks this year because Texas is on a MAJOR FIRE BAN.. but low and behold the sky was lit up everywhere. NOTHING STOPS TEXANS!!


The next night we had tickets to "Taking Back Sunday" at the House of Blues... But for some reason we decided to not go and put the crib together. Dan says its the end of an era even though it was HIS IDEA!!

I helped out as much as I could but I think Dan felt all Father like and put it all together. He gave me the job to put the drawers together. He told me like 5 times just read the instructions. I don't have patience to read instructions. When we went to put the drawers in they wouldn't fit. I screwed the wrong sides together. Dan just laughed and rebuilt the drawers.

So really he built the whole thing and I watched.

He kinda looks stoned or something in this picture... Not sure...

The Finished Product! I am so excited to get going on this Nursery. I'm doing most of the room by scratch. There is no bedding that really suits what I want to do so I'm making my own when I go home in August!! The rest of the room will also be created by yours truly.
It could turn out really ugly.....

I just want her here now! We are about 90% on a name. Dan is 100% but I am still working on the last 10.

4 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Love this post (and you!). How funny that Dan rubs it in about the duel citizenship...such a guy thing to do! We love you and can't wait to see/meet your daughter :)

Audrey said...

You're hilarious! :) Love the baby's first 4th pictures. I really like your crib, I've never seen it with the changer attached like that. Love it. :) Miss you guys.

Cisneros Family said...

i miss you. i love the crib. so dang cute. i love the drawers attached. nice job on putting it together. and you look great. when are you going to get fat? jk. you really do look amazing. did i mention i miss you. sometimes i get a tear in my eyes as i think of you being pregnant and becoming a mom. i am so so excited for you! you're so grown up. :) you are in for one of the biggest/best adventures of your life. love you les!

Cisneros Family said...

oh. i forgot.... don't worry about ranger. he will be ok! i've been there. belle was my baby. i almost felt bad bringing a baby into the home, and having it replace belle. but it happens and it's ok. your little girl and ranger will be best friends. and at night when the baby sleeps- you love your puppy. they're family, as cheesy as it sounds- they are!