Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stroller Experts Please

We need some advice about strollers.....
Here is where we are confused.

We are of course wanting the best for our little bean sprout but we also don't want to get her things that may not be necessary, so please help!!

The first stroller that we have been looking at is the basic massive stroller with the connected car seat. Four wheels with the whole package. Our fear is that it might be to big and we really don't know how much we would use it. People have said that they rarely use there large strollers because it takes forever to get in and out of cars and its big ha ha. So thats our 1st option
OR
We were thinking about doing a more runner type stroller with the connected car seat. 3 wheels, but how well does it work inside... This is sort of like the first option but if we are getting a large stroller we might at well get the running stroller since I see me using that a lot more. But is it going to be a pain to have a running stroller all of the time... Not so sure
OR
Some people have told us to not waste our money on such a massive stroller and just get the car seat, and a small push around stroller. My only concern is, is that a small push stroller might not be comfortable enough for a baby. So it might be worth getting the bigger strollers.

Dan and I have been doing so good with other baby decisions but this one seems to be on hold so I am asking for your opinion, advice, and experience. We just want what's best for the baby and for us as well!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

6 comments:

Heather Jones said...

I have never commented on your blog, but I am a serious stroller expert :) get the jogger one with the connecting carseat. We used it ALL the time. The big wheels make it so you can go anywhere. We took lincoln to the beach, on trails, it's just awesome. Also when you have an infant they are always sleeping and it's just easier to hook them in to the stroller without ever taking them out of the carseat. We also got a cheap small one for when lincoln was six months old. I ended up saleing my jogger stroller and I miss it like crazy. Tjey actually fit really well. Alright, im done. I just regret selling my jogger :(

Anderson said...

I would agree with the comment above. Before 6 months, it is really hard (and not recommended) that they sit in a stroller by themselves without a car seat- they say it is because their necks aren't strong enough.
I would get a jogger for sure- I love mine and use it everyday! But, if you want to be able to take the jogger into stores and/or use it for more than jogging, you will want to get one with a lock/unlock feature on the front wheel. You want it to be able to lock to run with it but they are really hard to move around with a locked wheel- you sacrifice a little comfort because a fixed wheel is easier to jog with but it will be worth it because you can take it other places too. But, I would also say that once your child is past 6 months, a cheap push stroller is worth the investment no matter what kind of stroller you have- they are just easier for malls and small places.
Hope that helps. haha

Nancy said...

I absolutely LOVE my jogger!! I use it almost everyday and my kids love it. It folds down easily (mine's a double so it's not tiny but the single one are pretty compact). Also the ones that clip the carseat in are awesome because the baby sleeps a lot the first few months so its nice to not have to bother them when transfering them from the car to the stroller. I do have one of those little umbrella strollers that I've used a couple times when I needed something super small but it's definitely not as easy to push. I hardly ever use the smaller stroller.

Kimberly said...

Jogger strollers are great, I have a double now and love it, but you don't have to spend near a half to thousand dollars to get a BOB. BabyTrend makes some great joggers too that are so worth it compared to the regular strollers, the ease of ride is so nice and we use ours way more than we ever used our regular single travel system we had with just Kenny and we hardly touch our little umbrella stroller, the jogger is just that much better! Hope this helps.
Kim

Bringhurst Family said...

Hey it's Amie- When they are babies I like the "universal stroller" It's light and folds up pretty compact, the baby car seat snaps in. I have a Kolcraft but there's a few brands out there.

Danielle and Brian said...

Hey les! Granted I have not been able to use any of my stuff yet, but I thought that I would share with you what we decided to do.I went back and forth a hundred and one times trying to decide what would be best and what I would use the most.. so we bought our car seat (the Chicco Key Fit 30) Then we bought an "upscale" is what Brian calls it umbrella stroller that fully reclines. So you can use it from Newborn to like 60 lbs. Since most people told me they never used the travel system and basically just started to use the umbrella stroller because it was less bulky when they could I decided to go this route. The Stroller is the Chicco Liteway. The other thing that we planned to get but have not yet is the Snap and Go. It's just the stroller frame and you just snap your car seat into it and there is very little bulk. That is something that a lot of people do because for a while you leave the baby in the car seat anyways so we thought about that as well... so with him being so small when we finally get the bring him home, this is something that we might invest in... they are like $75 but you can find them even cheaper on Craigslist. Good Luck!!