Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rexburg in July

I really enjoy going home. It's just home. I think my favorite it walking into my parents house, where I grew up, and the smell of home hits me and it's the greatest smell. Our house always smells so good. I hope that one day my children will feel the same way about our house as I do my parents. It's a good place to be. 

(LOT'S of PICTURES!) You have been WARNED! 

Dan's family had a Lancaster Reunion in Idaho Falls over the 4th of July, so I thought this would make the perfect opportunity to head home a little early and spend some time with my fam. I was really excited to hear that my other siblings would be coming home too, well except for megan, because she is to cool for us... JK MEG! 

I headed to Rexburg a few days early before Dan, just to hang out. June and I had a great time just us and Grandma and Grandpa. 
We went for walks, played on the Tramp, had lunch, went shopping, and did a major grocery trip before all the family came. 

We're gangster's. It's just how we roll. 

Um... She's just too cool for you. 

While the boys played in their golf tournament, us girls and the children went and swam in the Walter's pond and had a grand old time. We even all jumped in. The water was freezing. I think that I will stick to my Texas lake water. 

My Brother Mikey. I really love having a big brother.  Teachin June how we roll in the Burg

Saturday Night we had a BBQ and outside games, along with face painting. I did Brooke's face. It turned out Fantastic.

After Dinner we took the young ones on a nature walk by my parents house. It's actually really pretty where they took us. 

June Loves her Nana

 Sunday was Canada Day. I usually Do a blog post on Canada Day, but I was a little busy, So June celebrated it for us! She is half Canadian after all. 

June and the Mexican... Oh wait I mean my sister. She is the tannest person I know! All that baseball!! 

Our Last Day at Grandma and Grandpa's house. June Playing in Grandma's make up while she got ready. Look how Tiny my mom is. Like seriously! 

We Said Goodbye to my family and headed to Idaho Falls for Dan's Family reunion. It's weird. A Canadian family having a reunion in Idaho Falls. It's a rarity when our families are close together. 

We went to the Idaho Museum and visited King Tut. Cool.


They had dress up clothes so we dressed June up as Davy Crocket. She obviously is a natural hunter. 

The Reunion was held at the Davis Residence. June Loved the swing. 


and the slide



My Hoodlems 

 The 4th was a fun day. Since it was June's first I was bound and determined to make sure she celebrated right and saw it all. Parade, fireworks, the whole sha-bang! 



 Back to the Reunion. We swang some more

Grandpa Lancaster and June a little wired on otter pops
 We had a little down time so Dan and I decided to head to the Green Belt to walk around. Don't mind June's gangster face. 


 My Love

I didn't get any pictures at the fire works. It was just our little family but it was perfect. I woke up June so she wouldn't miss her first big firework show. She didn't take her eyes off the fireworks once. 
Waking her up was well worth it, even though she was laughing like a crazy person the whole way home because she was so wired. Dan and I couldn't stop laughing because of the things she was doing. Crazy Lady. 

June is a great little flyer. It was a little more challenging this time since she isn't 4 months old any more and sleeps the whole time, but she did great and people loved her! 

Just some light reading before take off...




It was a awesome trip! It always goes way to fast so I guess it's a good thing that I'm going back in 4 weeks! Trip #2 coming up!! 



3 comments:

Lauren Byers said...

love all these pictures! looks like you had a blast! June is just a doll :)

megan said...

Looks so fun! I love going home-i totally know what you mean about it just being..home. :) Wish I could have seen you!

Anderson said...

I wish I could have seen you in Rexburg! I want to meet this cute girl that keeps growing up!!
Christmas?