Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why Blog?

Why are there so many blog haters out there? Why do they think it's lame? You know who's lame? THEY ARE!

I started blogging in 2008, when my sister Megan set me up with my own blog. I knew nothing about it. I knew nothing about the cosmetics, how to manipulate the HTML code, or change a font. None of that. In fact I think back to what my blog first started as and I laugh at how awful it first was. Through the years I have learned how to make my blog what I want it to be. Some in school, some just by googling, and help with friends. I really do love to blog.

  Just recently, my aunt Marcy told me how good I am at keeping it up to date. I liked that! Thanks Aunt Marc! It's fun to me and people ask me all the time questions about blogging. They may have a blog they just don't use, or they don't quite get the point of blogging. So I was kind of in the mood to answer some of those questions, and what better place than to do it on the blog!


How do you find the time?
I make the time. My blog is my quite time when June is napping, or at night when I just want some me time. It's where I can go and write whatever I want, and type some thoughts, good or bad. I really just love it. It's therapeutic for me.

Aren't you worried some weirdo is going to read and see your pictures?
This one is my favorite that I get asked all the time. You do realize that people can see your pictures on facebook right? Or the fact that they just have to google your name and ANY person who has ever tagged you in a photo will appear? Also blogger has a private setting where only certain people can read your blog. I am a public blog. I think about making it private some days, but I just don't want to yet. Maybe soon. Not sure, but just know that you can monitor your blog very carefully for any of those "Weirdos" out there, and maybe once I see something suspicious I will, but for now I think I'm ok. Plus my blog is a little Pea and I really don't have that many followers, so compared to all those other blogs that are public, I feel like mine would be at the bottom of the list to be terrorized!

What do you write about? 
Everything. Anything. I blog about the most stupidest, most important things that happen to me. Little memories, or big moments. I try my best to document them all. Obviously some things are private, and those go in my handwritten Journal, but I like putting out there things that maybe other's can relate too, or maybe something that makes their day a little better. Possibly something that they are grateful didn't happen to them! I don't know, I just write down everything. I feel, maybe, that's where this post came from. I just write down whatever is in my head, and those who want to read it, can.

No one ever comments or reads blogs anymore, why keep writing? 
You're wrong. TONS of people still blog! I love reading blogs, and check daily for updates. I love reading what is happening in other peoples lives, getting recipes, and learning a new skill. If it weren't for blogs, I can guarantee that Pinterest would not exist.
       I like when people read my blog, but my main reason for blogging is NOT FOR OTHERS! It's for myself. I write almost everything in my blog, or June's blog, and every single year I print them into books. I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my blog books. They are our memories, our pictures, our lives. It is so much fun to go back and read from years past and just laugh, or cry, or make remarks of how stupid I sounded... It's just good.


I am always sad when I see people bash blogs, or call it a waste of time. To many people blogging is a place where they can go and know that they are not alone in a trial, or where someone can go to get a good laugh. Blogging is an expression of who a person is, and they write it all down. How lucky are we that we get to read these things. I hope the blog world doesn't die. I'm sure that it will always be around somewhat and as long as I am able to access leslianddan.blogspot.com, I will keep on writing. With horrible grammar of course!

Love's to all my fellow bloggers out there!


3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Again Les, you crack me up! I really hope this time my comment comes thorough because I too love reading blogs and enjoy yours very much. I wish I was still as good at keeping mine up to date...with school this past year and losing my Dad, I just haven't felt like it. I have a goal this summer while I'm off school, to catch up on my blog, or at least do a new post. I may need some help from you as the last time I logged onto mine, I had a heck of a time figuring out how to update it...I'm still electronically challenged even after taking (and passing with an A) a college computer class, lol:) Love ya kiddoe❤

Cisneros Family said...

I love this post!! I am so glad you blog! I love reading it. You are really good at it too! Love you!!

stephanie said...

Love your blog, Lesli! We miss you guys a ton and it is so fun to get to keep up with your lives this way! Your consistency with updating is a challenge to the rest of us who have let dust gather on our blogs. :)