Monday, May 6, 2013

Make up your mind weather!

 I'm just going to flat out say it. I hate spring. GASP! Yes! I really hate it! My least favorite season of the year. Yes, things are growing back, and looking pretty again, instead of dead brownness every where, but still I hate it. It's shorts one day, and then two days later, it's back to hoodies and socks! I am just so ready for the heat and to swim, and for all the things summer has to offer!  I want spring gone! It's horrible for allergy's and rain that never stops... somedays I feel like we are in Washington! No it's not that bad, ha ha and Texan's are always grateful for the rain, but when you have a little one who just wants to play outside, being stuck inside makes us all go a little crazy, no matter how many activities you have planned!

Ok miss negativity, let's move on! (Well Kind of)


So this past week was one of those weeks where Mother Nature couldn't make up her mind. It was beautiful Monday and Tuesday. So warm in fact that we spent the majority of the day running in sprinklers, eating popsicles and oranges outside, even taking a dip in the pool! It was so fun! June was in Heaven. It literally took all I had to drag her inside to get cleaned up for dinner. I have a feeling summer is going to be our friend!

 Don't mind our ghetto water sprayer. Found it in the clearance section in Walmart, and it's kinda crappy, but an 18month old really could care less... Oh, and also the sagging swimsuit. Buying her 12-18 month clothing is always a mistake, so she's got a little sag going on!


Then came Thursday... Curse you Thursday. It was bitter to the bone cold! I mean the wind was horrible. We are talking Rexburg wind here, and cloudy, dark skies all day.


June woke up with a cold, and a snot covered blanket that desperately needed washed. I had no choice. So she sat there and watched it. She cried and whimpered for it, but when it came out of the dryer all warm, it was like a light switch of a mood change. She was so happy.




I really have a hard time having the TV on all day. Or watching a movie during the day. It for some reason gives me a headache and I just feel lazy and unaccomplished, so days like this rarely happen. It was kinda nice though.... I threw in the towel and called it our give up day.

                    we decided to build a fort and hang out in it all day. We colored, we read books, we ate snacks, and we even watched a movie together.

I popped us some popcorn and gave June some juice, and we sat and watched "Despicable Me." Dan came home and even enjoyed the last bit of the movie with us.
OK so the fort was pretty cool. and I totally admit that building the fort was more for me than June, but she loved it in there, and it was fun to just hangout with my little squirt. But still... spring, come on. 

 All I can say is, I am glad we can find ways to entertain ourselves during these selfish spring days. I am  finger crossing, double dipping, just a hoping, that our warm weather will come back and be here to stay!

No comments: