Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nursery...

June turned 18 months and that means nursery at church! Most people feel super excited to be able to drop their kids off at nursery, and actually be able to attend the rest of the meetings in peace and quite. I was excited too, until we actually went to drop her off. Then I couldn't hold back the tears. I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones, or just the thought of June continuing to grow up and there is nothing I can do about it, but it was rough. I was crying, June was crying, Dan trying to comfort us both. We were quite the sight at church. June had just as a hard time letting go though. She sticks to us like glue, so leaving her wasn't the easiest thing for her to cope with. Last sunday we were all just a bunch of cry babies. 
      This past Sunday went so much better! No tears, and we actually got June to participate in all the activities. I did have to stay in the room, but she didn't have to sit on my lap the whole time. I stayed on the far side of the room. She had fun as long as she could see me every once in a while. 

It is fun having her in there. Watching her eat her little snacks with the other kids, and how excited she gets when it's singing time. I am hoping that nursery gets easier and that one day one of us wont have to be in there with her. I would like this to happen before Fetus #2 comes but we will see! 





No comments: