Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pregnant. Round 2.

So here we are again. Pretty much exactly two years from where we were last time. Pregnant.

I took a pregnancy test just for the heck of it one morning, and low and behold it was positive. I stared at it for a good 10 minutes, while June was begging for me to come get her out of her crib.

I wasn't expecting a positive. In fact it was a pregnancy test that I had from June, so it was expired. That's why I thought it probably was defective. I didn't have any other tests besides expired one's, so I had to wait until Dan got home, but I didn't want to tell him because I was worried he would get all excited and then I wouldn't really be pregnant. I can't handle a Dan sad face.  So I bit my tongue for a good week. I AM THE WORST SECRET KEEPER EVER, it was painful not sharing!!

I finally got 6 tests and they were all positive. At this point I went into a little bit of a panic mode. No word of lie. Panic. I had to tell Dan, but I wanted it to be fun for him. I took him out to eat, and handed him a gift. Inside was a dinosaur (I gave one to him with June as well) and a T-Shirt that said "Father of Two coming soon".   He was shocked. He just kept saying. "No, are you serious? No Wait, for real?, are you really? Oh my gosh 2?"
It was so fun to surprise him like that!

Last pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant with June until 12 weeks so I was able to tell people right away, but this go around I had to wait, and wait and wait and wait! I literally about died! I ended up telling a few people. Dan just laughed. He knows my weakness for a secret. But I thought I did pretty good.

Made it to 13.5 weeks. It's a wonderful thing to have it out in the open.

I am out of the first trimester and I am so happy! I was way more sick this pregnancy than I was with June, so it's so nice to have energy again, not feel sick every waking moment. I love being pregnant and I am so excited to be on round 2.

we are all super excited!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats again Pez!! So happy for you guys, June will be a great big sister ��

Cisneros Family said...

Yay!!! I so excited for you guys! And for June. She will love being a big sister!