Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Randoms

Hello Summer! Hello Warmth, and sunshine, and all good that is in the world! It's just all good my friends and we have been definitely feeling the good! 

We are jetting off here in a few days and I like to keep the blog all nice and caught up before I have big things to blog about, so just posting our randoms of the start of summer. 

We had one last play swim date at our house with our friends who are moving away. It hurts my heart a lot to see them go... I just can't even. 

These three little girls have been best little friends since they met back when they were babies. When we have talked to June about her friends moving away, she gets really sad and then I get sad and we just mope around. She told me she doesn't want any other friends... haha I know eventually she will, but it's still sad. 



Little fishes just swimming the day away!

Now that  the rain has somewhat stopped we spend as much time as we can outside. 


 Owen loves when we flood the cement and make a little splash pad for him. It's his favorite to splash and kick water. 


We can't get June out of the pool. It takes all we have to finally drag her out everyday. Yes. EVERYDAY we are swimming! She is a little fish! Fine by me! Just means more time outside, including dinner. 

 And then back in the pool 

 One day just hanging out with the kiddos. 

bubbles for days. 

One Saturday morning we had a little hair cutting party, where Owen got buzzed for the summer (sad to see the locks go.... like really sad) and June got a trim as well. I don't know if I will ever be brave to chop off her luscious locks. Is it weird to be jealous of my daughters hair?! 

Swimming with daddy



Sunday afternoons crafting. I think they were making a countdown for our  trip coming up. 

All my family is on a group messaging, and one day my mom asked us to take a selfie of our Sunday afternoon... I just happened to be holding Owen at the time! 

More arts and crafts 


We started a little swim lesson class this past week. We have had the hardest time with our schedule this summer since we are going to be gone so much this summer and for long periods of time, so when a friend from the ward was offering swim lessons to little ones, plus it worked out with our schedule we took the offer and ran with it. 

The first day went well enough and I was super pumped with how well June was doing. Now she doesn't quite like it as much... She says she would rather swim alone at our pool. I get it June, no swimsuit no problems! hahaha but her teacher Jess, is super patient and forceful enough that it keeps June going. 

June went under water and swam for like 2 seconds on her own. Good job boo! 

Usually as soon as we get home from swim lessons we head straight out to our pool. June's already in her swim suit so why not! 




My pool boy.... (Mom, as you are reading this, I can just hear you now gasping with how close Owen is to the pool, don't worry I got him!)hahahaha Love you mom! 

One night June was putting out fires... This was her firefighter outfit. 

Once Owen went to bed, June and daddy played hair salon 

Daddy also got a make over 

Then it was June's turn. He's simply the greatest dad! 

On rainy days we have to keep ourselves busy, which includes finger painting 

and impromptu sock puppets with random stuff around the house. Clearly I need to go make a stop at Hobby Lobby, but June was thrilled and loved her sock puppet!

We put on puppet shows all morning long 

 Then the rain stops and we are instantly back outside. I love how much time we spend outside. Its fun and just feels so good for the soul, plus it completely wipes the kids out and they don't fight bed time! 

June thought it was pretty funny swimming in the bucket instead of the pool! 

That's the end of the randoms for now. Much more to come and much more exciting things to blog about! 

No comments: