Monday, June 29, 2015

One Year In

My Parents hit their one year mark on the 21st of June. Since I was in Canada, I wasn't able to blog about it on the exact day, but I was thinking about them all day and it was even more special because it was Father's day as well. 

I can't believe it has already been a year. It's gone by so fast and slow at times. It helps so so much to be able to go visit them and be in regular contact with them. Though we do still send them letters and packages, I mean they are on a mission after all... Well I guess a little harder than a mission since they are the Presidents, but still they should get letters and packages just like any other missionary. 

It seems that they have really hit their stride and have caught on to all the craziness that happens on a mission. Just visiting them for a few days, it seems their phones are always ringing, I mean they are always ringing with so many things! I'm sure their heads have been spinning but now it seems they have caught up to the craziness and now just embrace it! 

Here are just a few pictures. I thought I had saved more, but hopefully the next 6 months will be better in the picture department. 


How cute is my mom?! Like for reals?! So classy. 

They are still finding ways to hike and do the things they love. I know it's not as an extreme level that they are used to, but they are feeling blessed to have some mountains close by, and being able to experience it with their missionaries! 


When we were there visiting, these returned missionaries came to visit my parents. (Both served together) and they came to tell my parents they were engaged. My dad had chuckled about how they both shared mutual feelings towards each other in their exit interviews when they went home, but had no idea how the other one felt towards each other. They were cute and so young. I really thought I was still their peers, but I felt so old next to these newly engaged people. 


It's been so fantastic hearing my parents experiences, hearing their testimonies and just seeing how much they love the work. I've had discussions with them where the work is harder than they ever thought imaginable, but they wouldn't trade the experience for the world. 
I am so grateful for their example, for what they are teaching my children, and how missionary work is so close in our home now. 
What amazing people they are and amazing work that they are doing!

Now until another 6 months.... 



No comments: