Wednesday, December 21, 2016

2.5 Years Out!

Today marks 2.5 years for President and Sister Mendenhall! I can't believe that they only have six months left! Actually probably less. They have a lot of logistics they have to figure out before the new mission President takes over, so the timing will be a little off, but still. It's slowly coming to an end. I'm planning at least one more road trip out there and possibly one trip without the kids but we will see about schedules and all that. 
I know that these little posts every six months don't do their mission justice but at least my children will have some recollection of their grandparents mission experience. So here are just a few pictures from the last six months of my parents mission.  

I love that even though they are serving a mission they still find their way to the mountains and hike. It's my mom's happy place. 

Missionaries that were heading home. They always have a big dinner the night before they depart. 

It didn't happen all that often, hardly at all, but my Dad was able to get on the golf course when he took some missionaries for P-day. It's my dad's happy place. 

My mom has always been so good at displays and making things look beautiful. Even if it were for a meeting for the Sister missionaries. It doesn't matter how big or small. My mom always knows how to add just a little touch to make it that much more special. 

I'm not sure behind the whole story here, but the missionaries were acting as my mom's body guards one day. 



More departing missionaries 

Zone Conference with the sister missionaries. 




I believe that these were missionaries who came back to visit after they had left. 

BBQ style!

No matter what my dad is or what he is doing, he will always be in my mind with that green apron on and his master skills with the grill. 

Dedication of the Fort Collins Temple. Their missionaries were asked to be apart of the open house. My parents shared what an amazing experience it was to be apart of it through the eyes of missionaries. 



We have been told that now missionaries expect my mom's cookies whenever they come over for transfers or are heading home.

Just a good picture of my parents. I love them and their example. 

I love this picture. Just my dad chillin with his missionaries. 

And we can all agree that my mom is the cutest! I hope I age as well as her! And also, how is it that she has more fashion sense than me?! Like for reals mom, stopping dressing so cute all the time. 


Christmas caroling downtown Denver 

So thats really I have for this past six months. I wish I could write down more or remember more. I should have documented better, but I guess that will be up to my parents to share all their stories with the kids! 

ONLY SIX MORE MONTHS!! 

No comments: