Friday, December 23, 2016

Lesli's 30

Hello 30 year old Lesli.
Yes, today I am 30 years old. A whole new decade.

First off, I'm ready. I've been ready for a while. I feel 30. I feel I'm at a point in my life where I should be 30 and I'm pretty close to where I want to be going into my 30's.

Amazing things have happened in the past 10 years and some really low of lows have happened. I've grown and experienced some great and terrible things.Twenties were life changing! I mean my whole entire life as I knew it shifted into a whole new direction. I was married to Dan, literally at 20, graduated with a Bachelors degree, moved across the County, struggled with infertility for years, ended up having three beautiful, healthy children and settled into a new life in Dallas, Texas.

There were goals that I wanted to reach before I was 30, some I have reached like having our family complete, and some I have failed like running a full marathon before my 30th birthday. That one is still on the goal list, but wasn't accomplished in my 20's.

I do want to share one "challenge" that I gave myself for my 30th Birthday. I'm working on a health project for myself and I was close to reaching one of my goals, so I pushed myself to make it happen before my 30th Birthday. I'm trying hard to get my body back. Having three kids is no joke with what it does to your body, but I'm trying really hard to not use that as an excuse. I personally, wanted my pre-baby body back. I set a goal for myself to get down to my pre-pre-pre pregnancy weight before my 30th birthday. The main goal was to be back into the 120's on my 30th birthday. I'm really proud to say that that goal was achieved! It's definitely not the end date of my health project, that comes later in the spring, but it was a weight goal that I really wanted and I made it happen. I survived the brutal foods of our anniversary, Thanksgiving, New York, and our weekly wings night. It was hard. It's not over, but I'm feeling really accomplished with where I am at 30.
More to come on this in the spring.

The 30's have a lot to live up too. I'm really looking forward to what is to come. Hopefully more good than bad. Goodbye 20's. You have been so good to me! Real good.

Now on to the 30's!

No comments: