Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sibling Weekend

A week before my parents came home from their mission, my siblings and I all got together to clean my parents house and get it ready for them to come home! It honestly was one of my favorite weekends with my siblings!

I flew into Salt Lake late on Thursday night. My sisters picked me up and we headed straight to Idaho. We didn't get on the road until close to 10pm so we were amped up on Energy drinks, Costa Vida and excitement. We also all had on white V neck shirts. Unplanned. 

We did some stop drop and yoga at the Idaho Sign

We arrived at Mike and Shay's house around one in the morning. Meg was already there and we walked in instantly laughing. Like uncontrollably laughing. I don't even remember what was so funny but I seriously could not contain myself. 

The next morning we made a game plan at Mike and Shay's house, stopped at a gas station to load up on drinks and snacks and then headed up to Rexburg to start getting my parents house ready. 
Arriving at my parents house was awesome. It was the first time setting foot in there after three years. Things changed but still all the same. 
It was so great being back at the house. My home for my entire childhood. 

We had a bunch of work to do. Cleaning and getting all furniture put back together. We wanted to make it feel as much like home as possible. 

Cleaning things out and I found my wedding dress, along with all my wedding dishes and other treasures. Someday I'll get those to my house. I love my wedding dishes! 
I wanted to see if I still fit into my wedding dress. 10 years later and everything still fit. Sadly my chest is a lot smaller due to nursing all three of my children. Hahaha but everything else still fit like a glove. Good work body! 

Cleaning and keeping little ones entertained. I didn't have my kids with me and honestly, it was great!

We cleaned and lifted so much! I can't even go into how much furniture we lifted up the stairs and how heavy everything was. Some points were so funny that I couldn't even lift anymore from laughing. It was hard work but we sure made it a blast! 


Like I said, we partied while we worked!


Drink run! We lived off of Maverick drinks! 

We worked and worked and worked some more. We did most of the work on Friday. We went back to Mike and Shay's and hung out for the rest of the night. 

The next morning we woke up and headed back to Rexburg for more cleaning and prepping the house. We drove my Dad's truck back to the house. 

We finished getting everything cleaned up and organized and still had the evening to play. So we went back to Mike and Shay's house to roast hot dogs and marsh mellows and have some fun. Mike and Shay have some fun riding toys like 4-wheelers and motorcycles. They also have some dirt and hills behind their house. 
Well my sister Michelle had the brilliant idea to ride over the dirt hills. So she gets on and starts riding the motorcycle over the dirt hill. There is a pallet that blocks her and she takes a sharp turn and rides right into us. I mean we are up and jumping around and she just plows into the fire pit. We have it all on video and we have watched it so so so many times. Thankfully no one was hurt, not even my Michelle. It was beyond funny. And it just kept getting funnier the more we watched the video. Seriously such a great moment. 
This was the damage 

The after math. We were all just blown away of what happened and that no one got hurt. I mean how everyone jumped out of the way in time is beyond me and how Michelle walked away is a miracle. Seriously as I am typing this I am crying from laughing because just reliving it is so funny! 

Sunday came and we headed back to Salt Lake. I hung out in the airport for a while and then headed home. Flying without kids was such a breeze. It was great. Such a fun weekend. One of the best. 

No comments: