Saturday, July 29, 2017

Their Home!

After serving as President and Sister Mendenhall for three years in the Denver Colorado North Mission. It's been a whirlwind for them the last few weeks prepping for their departure. It's crazy that its been three years. It's gone by fast but yet slow all at the same time. 

This was their last mission picture with their missionaries. 

With so much happening with our move, I wasn't able to be there for their homecoming to Utah. My nephew had his baptism that weekend so they made their first stop in Spanish Fork before making their way up to Rexburg, Idaho.
I was truly sad to be missing it 










After spending the weekend in Utah, They made their way home to Idaho. We were all anticipating their arrival since they haven't seen their house of 20 years for the past three. 
It was so great to get this picture! 

I am an extremely proud daughter. My parents are special. They just are. They always have been. And I know you think I'm just saying that because I'm their daughter, but truly ask anyone. They have a spirit, a presence about them that makes you draw closer to them. I wish I had that. I'm grateful for their example to me, to my family and to those around them. So much hard work was put in these past few years, work that I could never understand, and I have seen the change it has made in both of them. A good change. I love them. I'm grateful for them and so glad I'm their daughter. 
It's incredibly good to have them home! More to come on their real homecoming later. 




No comments: