Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Coronavirus Week One

I am trying to document everything that I possibly can regarding the affect COVID-19 has had on us personally as a family. 

I want this to be a record of all that happened to us during this insanely crazy time. So let's start from the beginning. 

A type of virus, a strand of Coronavirus attached Wuhan, China in December 2019. It honestly didn't make us worry, or turn to the headlines/news too much regarding this virus. As it became more serious the beginning of January, things started to appear more on our news but nothing too crazy. 

It wasn't until the beginning of March when things started getting really weird and then it just felt like everything escalated by 1000 overnight. It was a whirlwind to watch our Country, The United States of America be taken over. Economically, emotionally, physically. It hit everywhere. But I'm here to take it slow and go week by week. 

So lets start the week of March 12th. Things started getting more serious then, as June and I had a trip planned for San Francisco, but because of COVID-19 San Francisco basically shut down, so we canceled our trip. We were super bummed, but in all honesty we thought it would not escalate from there.


The kids were still on spring break, and we received this email from the school district. It was big news. We couldn't believe that school would be held off for another week and a half. Haha how naive we were! 

So we continued on with our spring break, we played, built forts and did our thing for the next few days. 


Things then just escalated from there. EVERYTHING was getting canceled. Our rec center, our gyms, everything was beginning to close down. We thought that was it. NOPE! 




Item's started flying off the shelves, like Clorox Wipes, hand sanitize and toilet paper. Holy moly the toilet paper situation got OUT OF CONTROL!!! Thankfully Dan and I had done a Costco run the Friday before all this went down and stocked up! 

I also found some small bottle of hand sanitizer. 

Everyday we went to the stores looking for things. One day my friends and I were at the store and saw them stocking up on Clorox wipes. So we each grabbed some. 

I couldn't believe all the weights were gone from this! 

One of my shopping adventures I ended up with a big bottle of sanitizer  but gave it to a friend. We had plenty and they didn't have any. 

Lines for food got longer and things were become short on supply. It was grab as you saw because you didn't know when you would see it again. 



Then things really started escalating! We soon were asked to not be in larger groups than 10. 

And Dan officially started work from home. 

After spring break I knew it was on me to get the kids back on a schedule and get back to school work. Our teachers at the time were working on getting curriculum to us, but for the time being I taught what I could to these kiddos. It made me so grateful for teachers!!! HOLY COW!!! It's so much stress and work and I felt completely overwhelmed by the task. 

We have enjoyed having Dan home and we have had such beautiful weather so it helps letting the kids get outside and run around, ride bikes and play at the ponds behind our house. 

We did our first baking lesson with my mom over ZOOM. It was a lot of fun and we got to do it with cousins too. I think the kids enjoyed talking to their cousins and making bread. 


I just liked this. 

One morning a few of my gal pals and I headed to Costco EARLY to get a few essential items. (PRE-LOCKDOWN ) The line was clear back by the other store! We couldn't believe it!! SO SO CRAZY!!! 

We stocked up really good and found some essentials! 


That was the end of week one. 
Things started to go down hill even more after this! 



No comments: