Monday, April 21, 2008

VEGAS VACATION




OuR ExpEriEncE iN VeGAs!
Dan & Me waiting for the "V"show


Me hopin out of the Hot-Tub

Our first night there, eating Mexican Food

The Hilton Pool, It was so Beautiful, & Romantic

During Spring Break Dan and I decided to hit the road and head towards Las Vegas. Luckily we were able to stop in utah to split up the drive, so that was really nice! We stayed in the Hilton, right on the strip, but well at the very end, We ended up walking like 8 miles back and forth on the strip, I was very excited because I turned 21 in December so I was able to play some slots, and the first day I was rockin those machines. I swear everytime I played I won at least 5 cents, and that is a lot because I would only play the 1 or 2 cents. The problem was, that I started getting addicted. The money was lost! Dan did really good. He won like $7 off of one dollar! It just made me love him all that much more. He is just so good! we stopped after a while because I was getting very impatient with my second day losing.

The strip was so banging hot! The watershows, and the vomit of lights, it was so much fun to just walk around and stare! We Also went to a variety show called THE "V". It was tizight! these two dudes stood on each other and balanced on their shoulders, no hands or anything it was sick, but in a cool way! We stayed on the strip for most of the day. I got one of those Henna Tatoos, and lets just say it better be worth the money! and to all those who go to Vegas, I recommend not getting a henna tatoo, I promised Dan I wouldn't say anything so I can't tell you the true story but just dont do it!

The trip was a blast, and helped us get ready for the summer semester!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hi there,

I'm a health reporter for msnbc.com, and I stumbled across your blog while I was researching a story on "henna hazards."

Dermatologists are saying they're increasingly treating people with skin reactions from a harmful chemical in some henna tattoos.

The allergic reaction causes your skin to redden, swell and blister, but only where your henna tattoo is. So, essentially, you're left with a big swirly, flowery BLISTER. In some cases, it's even bad enough to permanently scar or darken the skin!

I'd love to get your take on these freaky skin reactions. Ever experienced any itchiness or redness from a henna tattoo? Or, if not, after knowing this about the potential crazy reaction, would you get a henna tattoo again?

If you're interested, e-mail me at melissa.dahl@msnbc.com and we'll set up a time to chat over the phone.

Thanks so much!
Melissa Dahl
Associate health editor, msnbc.com