Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Homeland Security Interview

Well, we are off to Boise. Now I know what your thinking, Boise? That will be a fun little trip, and to get away from school. WRONG! we are heading down there today to go do Dan's Homeland Security interview. This interview is to make sure our marriage is legit. Again I know you are thinking, well that will be easy HA HA WRONG AGAIN! We have to bring every inch of evidence that we are living together, Happy, and in love. This includes:
  • bank statements,
  • Letters from our employers saying how much we make,
  • Pictures of us dating, getting married, and a year and three months of our life as a married couple.
  • Birth certificates,
  • marriage licence,
  • my dads birth certificate( He is Dans sponsor) Yep my husband has to be sponsored to stay in this country. I don't make enough money. ha ha
  • Passports
  • Current W-2's
  • Licences
  • Dans Student Visa
  • Dans citizen Visa
  • Mail that is addressed to the both of us
  • Lease forms from all the places we have lived together(Luckily it is only two places)
  • Insurance Forms
  • AND MORE AND MORE CRAP THAT I DON'T WANT TO WRITE ABOUT!

Now when dealing with the government, you do not mess around and take it seriously. I am not going to lie, I am totally scared, Of course I know our marriage is legit, but what if I answer a question wrong? I mean come on it can happen. So I will let you know how it goes once we get back from Boise. WISH US LUCK!

5 comments:

Celia said...

Lesli, we have been through that! At the interview Danny mixed up our wedding date with my birthday! We laughed so hard afterwards. You guys will be just fine, but good luck anyway.

Nancy said...

Good Luck Lesli! I hope everything turns out all right! I'm sure everything will be fine.

Kim said...

Well, I'm sure you've already done it by now, but GOOD LUCK with everything. I'm sure it all worked out, but still...how stressful for you guys! I wonder why they make it SO difficult to do?
Thanks for your comment the other day! Audrey is getting SUPER big (time seriously flies by SO fast)! We're going to be moving back up to Utah a year from now. And since we'll be closer to good ol' Rexburg, we will probably visit sometime. I'll be sure to let you know (forever from now, I know) when we make the trip up there. We will have to have a Porter's get-together or something:-)

Cisneros Family said...

That is so dumb. Do you know how many illegal people are living here? Why don't they go after those idiots, not sweet innocent people like you guys. Good Luck. Love you.

Powell's Place said...

My brother Mike had to do that with his wife because she was a Canadian The interviews didn't think two kids was enough to prove their marriage legit and wanted pictures and crap haha. But they are pretty good to work with.