Friday, February 20, 2009

why is it always three times?

So, Random thought! why is everything done in 3's. I have no idea why but this really caught my attention. Think about when you do things, I have been paying close attention to everything now, and its all done in 3's. Here are some examples:
  • When someone knocks on the door, they knock three times
  • When We lived at the Village I would pound on our neighbors roof, three times(with a broom, it was louder that way) ha ha!
  • I have seen people stomp to get the snow off their shoes, and they stomp three times!
  • when mixing something, in a bowl, or what ever, you bang the spatula or other type of mixing equipment 3 TIMES!
  • When shaking a rug, you do it three times
  • 3 strikes your out
  • or 3rd times the charm
  • 3 little pigs
  • 3 bears

All I have to say 3 must be a magical number, or is it?

Ah, now that I have said something that's all you are going to be thinking about, but pay attention, everything someone does is in 3's. I mean why now twice, because it just feels like its not enough, but do it four times, and you feel like wow that was a real waste of a wack, but 3 time, it just feels right.
Good luck on your quest for finding things in 3's

2 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Lesli...how profound! I never really thought about this, but it seems that you are right. I think I will try the "4 times" and see if I can't shake this random thought up a bit!!! We love you guys and can't wait to see ya this summer.

Rasmussens said...

You are so silly. Only you would notice that! Love Ya