Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Ride to Texas

The first words that come out of my mouth is wow. We are here. We actually made it to Texas and are actually living here. But let me start from the beginning of our travels. I must warn you that there are no picture, well because I packed the camera, but just a lot of words. So here we go. We moved and cleaned our apartment and was out of there last Thursday. It was nice to be done with that and be able to just relax. We stayed at my parents house until Saturday. Dan and I climbed into our moving truck and headed to Utah. Now this Utah was a good trip because we were able to be there for my nephews blessing day. It was fun to be with the family and enjoy. So we blessed Luke and then... Well .... we were off. It was a good/sad goodbye to my family. I hugged them all and said I would see them in a few months which is true! NEW YORK BABY! anyways we hugged, my mom cried, and we headed down the road. Our first stop was Denver Colorado. By the first night of our journey we had gone from IDAHO-UTAH-COLORADO. This was about an 8 hour drive. We pulled into the City and we were tired, but of course our life is never simple. We pull into the hotel(I won't say names) and Dan goes in to get us a room, All of the sudden this fat girl, and I mean fat comes prancing up to Dan in a black tank top(NO BRA) and starts telling him that he smells really good, and wonders if he would like some perfume. at the time I couldn't hear what she was saying so I just watched very closely. As Dan gets away from the fatty he goes in and then another prances to him and starts attacking him with perfume. She was all up in his business. At this point I was dying. I thought Dan was going to be taken by these two girls. So by the end of this little fiasco, Dan comes out smelling like Nordstroms Perfume section the day after Thanksgiving, and I am just laughing. The fatty is wondering if she could get a ride, and Dan just smiled and said no. ha ha it was great. We ended up leaving that hotel and went to another one. We woke up the next morning and headed to our next state. We drove through COLORADO to KANSAS. This was about an 8 hour drive. We pulled in and luckily found a safe hotel. We ate, swam and watched some House episodes. That day was pretty good. The next day was good. We woke up, had some breakfast and headed out for the last day's drive. It was cloudy in Kansas, and I kept freaking out because I thought it was a Tornado cloud. ha ha I was very grateful to get out of there. We drove through KANSAS, OKLAHOMA-TEXAS. Texas, home sweet home, well for two years anyways. We got settled in and were feeling good so we decided to unload some of the truck. Bad Idea. in the middle of the day, in August, Texas is not your friend. It was bloomin hot, but we did it. We got our boxes in and slept on an air mattress for the first night in our apartment. I Cried. I sat in the bath tub,(no water and in my clothes) and cried. I was doing so good. I hadn't cried yet, but I did. I felt so overwhelmed with the heat, moving and simply being away from home for the first time. It was hard. So Dan and I went to walmart, got a movie and went to bed. We woke up the next morning and.... I cried. This time was a good one. Luckily I have Dan to love and support me. but anyways it is now 8:12 my time and I am feeling so much better. I guarantee I will cry again. but I am doing good. I am still scared, but excited. I know I can do this. It felt good to get our cable and Internet set up, and I was excited to finally get T-VO. We can finally record our shows properly. Its hard, I am not going to lie, and I feel homesick and a lot, but I was told it was normal and I plan on being my great self and trucking along. Things are good, and as my dad always says Life is good.  

10 comments:

Colby and Samantha said...

Oh Sad, and happy all at the same time! It's exciting to have new adventures and experience new things, but it's also sad to leave the only place you know. I miss ya too bad we couldn't do something before you left as much as culinary sucked I will miss our times in confectionary and being retarded in class!

Marcy Cheney said...

You are a trooper Les...hang in there and I promise you life WILL be good again really soon. We sure hope to see you when we come to Texas to visit the Cheneys...hopefully in the spring. Hang in there kiddo. Love ya lots

Kim said...

Hang in there Lesli...change can be really good, and it sounds like you have the right attitude about it:) Something that ALWAYS helps me is finding FUN things to do in the area. Get on the internet and check out what Texas has to offer you guys! And you are such a sweet-heart, that I know you guys will make fast friends (and that always helps with the home-sickness too). Good luck with everything...and enjoy decorating your fabulous NEW home!

Cisneros Family said...

Oh- my little Les!!! My heart aches for you. I know your okay, but I really want to come and see you and give you a big hug! You have so much love and support from family and friends! We are all a phone call away! You are a very strong girl! Depend lots on Dan. He loves you lots too. Cam says Hi! Being pregnant isnt helping. Now I cant quit crying! I love you and really miss you! I'm counting down the days until we see you. I love you. Have a good night.

Anonymous said...

Lesli you can do it! It's always hard to move away from home, but you'll enjoy the new scenery and the thrill of traveling home to see your family. There's no better feeling than seeing them after a long time. So, look forward to that! Enjoy the new experience while it lasts!

Rasmussens said...

Okay sis, now I am crying. We are going to see you all the time. I love you and love that your fish is buried in my back yard. So many fun adventures ahead of you. Oh how I love you and can't wait for New York. Call me anytime. Love you!

The Mendenhall's said...

We miss you tonz already. Mike and I can't believe we are the only ones left in Idaho. But I am a little jealous of the adventure you guys are going to have. We love you!

grams said...

HI LES, SO GLAD YOU MADE IT SAFE AND SOUND. BELIEVE ME THINGS WILL GET BETTER. YOU HAVE A LOT OF LOVE AND SUPPORT. IT REMINDS ME OF GRANDPA AND MY FIRST BIG ADVENTURE. IT WAS TO BILINGS MONTANA AND I THOUGHT THE END OF THE WORLD. WE HAD TOM AND I WAS 8 MONTHS PG. WITH YOUR MOM. BELIEVE ME I CRIED A LOT, BUT I ALSO CRIED WHEN WE LEFT TO COME BACK HOME. LIFE HAS A WAY OF MAKING THINGS GOOD, WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, KEEP IN TOUCH, GRAMS

Zach and Sara said...

Oh sad Les! I think you're going to do just fine in Texas. You're so cute, funny, and outgoing. You'll meet people in no time! As long as the fatty's stop hitting on your husband....ugh! :)

Unknown said...

Aww pez I know how you feel... I cried the whole way home from AZ lol and I have been gone off and on for three years! But it does get a little easier I promise, but I miss you tons Pez and hopefully we can come to Texas soon and visit! Love ya my little fooper