Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Settled in

OK, OK I am updating my blog. Gosh people are pushy! ha ha just kidding. I have been getting requests to update on Texas and put pictures of our apartment. I first must report that things here are actually going well. Dan and I have been figuring out our new city, and have learned that there is a lot to do here. I was excited to see how big the city actually was and that I can find my way around without any accidents. We are both enjoying the time off, just doing odds and ends, and doing alot, and I mean a lot of swimming. We basically have been living at the pool for the past week. Basically because its the only thing you can do in 105 degree weather. Its been fun. We went to church on sunday and it is going to be great. People are so friendly and fun. I think our ward will be our life savors while being in Texas. I know that we will make good friends here.  Things are actually pretty good. I am adjusting well to Texas and its slowly growing on me in a good way... anyways I have posted some pictures of our apartment. we are still working on the final adjustments but all in all it has come together well and it feels like home. 

*The entry way to our apartment #2203


* Keep walking and you run into our little black shelf, A perfect place for my button jar

*Our living room. We have a lot of windows which I am very grateful for, it makes the apartment feel so open and fresh. Its great.

*In the corner of our living room is the desk... Well not much to say here. Kinda boring

* The next room that we walk into is the kitchen. Its spacious which we like, because we both like to be in the kitchen cooking, and it didn't work to well in our last apartment. so its nice having a little more walk way. 

* This is a better shot of the kitchen. Through the door right there is to the washer and dryer, which we will be able to pick up tomorrow! SUper excited for that! the door right next to the washer and dryer is our pantry. Pantry... Space....Love. We also have a lovely wine rack to the left. Its kinda hard to see, but if anyone has any ideas of what I could do with this wine rack please let me know. Because its just wasted space right now, and it bugs me. if you walk back you run into the guest bathroom door. Its nice because there is an entry from the guest bedroom also, which our guests will like. ha ha

* off the right, right off of the bar is our dinning room. Like I said a lot of windows. That door opens up to balcony. 
Ah. the bedroom, where the magic is made. Ba ha ha just kidding its all over the apartment..;) anyways here is the bedroom. Its not all the way done yet but its a working progress. We each have our own walk in closets which is nice, all our clothes actually fit without having to put them in boxes. Then to the left of the door is our bathroom. 
I just realized its kinda messy, sorry about the swimsuits we just got done swimming and they are drying. so here is the bathroom. Its a good size, we love the bathtub.
*The guest bedroom, where the guests will sleep. This room is also a working progress. We are figuring it out though. Its getting there. Hopefully soon we can turn this into a nursery. but who knows.. Just so you know that little stuffed dog is supposed to represent the real dog izzie! my mom gave it to me before I left so that I could have a reminder of little izzerd. ha ha long story there.

*This is the guest bathroom. Haven't gotten a shower curtain yet, but we are planning an Ikea shopping trip here in the next little bit so hopefully we get one there. 

* Then This is the view from the balcony. Its so green here. I am actually surprised to see how green a full of life it is here in Texas. Its actually really pretty. 
So that ends the tour of the Lancaster house this last little picture is not part of the tour but its such a cute little cherry. Dan and I came home saturday night, and weren't ready for bed yet so we pulled out our fabulous game of Scrabble and had a big bowl full of cherry's. I found this cherry and that it was so cute. It had a little leaf and everything. It really was the perfect little cherry. 

I sure hope you enjoyed your time here at the Lancaster blog and I hope to find you reading my blog posts again. 

LOVES....


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww I love it Pez you are such a good decorator!I miss you sooo much already but am glad your happy in Texas!

Marcy Cheney said...

Your place looks GREAT!!! Glad to hear you're both adjusting well to the Texas lifestyle. Hope things continue to go well for the two of you and keep us posted on the nursery..haha. Love ya

Winston said...

It looks like you guys have a pretty cool apartment. It's nice to have more space isn't it? thank goodness for the church and its members-they make all the difference!

Tami said...

Les, You are so cute I love your blog. Your the best! Have a great time in Texas. Love ya, Aunt Tam

grams said...

LES, SO GLAD THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR YOU IN TEXAS. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE FITTING RIGHT IN. KEEP THAT POS. ATTITUDE GOING AND IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL EXPIERENCE. LOVE YA

Payne Family said...

Cute house Les. Glad you made it OK. All my friends that have gone away to school have been just as sad to come back home because they made such great friends, I am sure it will be the same.

Rasmussens said...

Your apartment is so cute. Glad you are doing good. Love you and miss you tons!