Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Man and His Bride

This past week Dan and I flew up to Canada to celebrate the Marriage of Dan's brother Dave and his Bride Vanessa. This was a very special occasion, fist because Dave is the last to get married so the Lancaster family is complete and it has been almost a year since we saw his other brother Will and his wife Jess. Plus they are the only ones with kids on this side of the fam so its good to see the nieces.

Flying up to Canada was long! We had to stop in California, and this airport is messed up! we had to leave the airport completely to go to our other terminal. So we had to go through security again the problem was that when we first printed our tickets mine didn't print for the transfer so I had no ticket to get back through security. We finally settled everything out, thank goodness for Dan and his patience. and we were able to land safe and sound in Calgary. Customs always takes forever so about 10:00 we were able to get to Dan's parent's house and have fun.

The wedding was Friday, so we hopped in the car and drove 2 1/2 hours down and 2 1/2 hours back in one day. It was a long day in the car but it was worth it. Their wedding was great, and they were sealed by the temple president, so it was really good. I love temple sealings.

The next day was the reception but the boys had to be there by one for pictures so we got in the car again and drove another 2 1/2 hours up to Edmonton where the reception was. We spent the day taking photos and being with the Bride and Groom. We spent the night in Edmonton, woke up the next morning, went to the gift opening party and then headed back to Calgary. By the time the wedding party was over we were all really sick of cars. But we are so happy to have Dave married and I have a new sister in law which is awesome. We flew home Monday morning and got home about 1:00am. We read the tickets wrong, we thought we left at 2:55, but the flight really left at 1:55 so we had like 20 minutes to catch our flight and of course going through security was a nightmare. I was the "randomly" selected to be scanned and patted down, and have my bags checked. That was great. I was standing in front of the line being scanned and have my boobs grabbed by some lady. I was trying really hard not to laugh, but it was kinda funny. By the time that was over we had 5 minutes until our plane left. We were literally running to the plane. We made it just in the nick of time. It was so close. We made it home and we both are super tired. We counted and we spent over 34 hours traveling in 3 days. I never want to get on a plane again.ha ha To bad I am going to be on one every month from here until Christmas.

Going to Rexburg

NEW YORK

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Like I said a lot of flying, but its all for fun.

anyways here are some pictures that were taken from the wedding.



We did becky's hair for the wedding the next day!

Coming out as husband and wife

The Lancaster family is complete, Now we just need to start getting some children involved

Dan congratulating Dave on his big day


Me and the Bride

Ring Power

Parents of the bride and groom


Lancaster girls(All married in)

It was kind of windy that day

Brothers


Groomsmen also, Dan always strikes this pose so they boys were making fun of him










The wedding Cake

Cutting the Cake

After their entrance

These are just some pictures that I was playing around with. Each color of tie matched with a bridesmaids dress.







6 comments:

Melissa Manville said...

Yay congrats to Dave!

Powell's Place said...

How fun! I love weddings. I wish my sister would get married so I can go home haha. So get crackin on the kids since you said Dan's family is lacking in that area :).

Marcy Cheney said...

Oh Les...I love reading your blog. You have a very "special" way of telling a story and it always brings a smile to my face. Flying can be challenging, but the alternative---driving cross country---STINKS!! Love ya kiddo

Unknown said...

I love weddings! Those pictures were so fun to look at. It looks like you guys had a great time! So school started today and I was thinking about you when you weren't in any of my classes, since we've been in one every semester for the last forever! Good times in the comm department. You're not missing out on anything, I promise! :)

Cisneros Family said...

It looks like a great wedding. You did a good job taking pictures. I really liked them. Oh- and your hair looks really cute. I like the cut! I am so excited to see you again very soon. Love you.

Unknown said...

Hey Pez! When are you coming to the Burg? You have to call me when you come so we can hang out! Love and miss you, oh also we are selling your car on Saturday so we will be sending you money (text me your address) or we can give it to you if you are coming soon!