Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekend Birthday for Dan, BIG 25!!

Well Hello, I feel bad because I haven't posted in a while but things have been a little crazy. but I am not here to talk about that today, no I am here to talk about my amazing husband's birthday. THE BIG 25! ha ha some of you will say wow that is still really young, and some will say wow thats old,(that would be Dan) but I just tell him that he has accomplished a lot being only 25, I told him he is a head of the game compared to a lot of people so it made him feel a little bit better, he tells me now all we need is a kid and things would be perfect, so we will see.
This big 25 birthday was not just celebrated one day but THREE days. Here is how the weekend went. On Thursday we went over to some of our friends house to have a Dinner for Dan. We were going to do it on his actual birthday, but well ya know things come up. ha ha anyways so we celebrated with our friends Rob and Lauren and just hung out all night it was really fun. Friday(September 18th) was Dan's actual birthday. Of course he had school all day, so I spent the day making a cake, decorating the apartment and getting his birthday gifts bought and wrapped. We went out to eat at one of Dan's new favorite restaurants and then came back for the rest of his birthday. I sang happy birthday to him, and gave him his cake. He feels pretty special because his favorite cake is chocolate forest cake, and I hate chocolate cake so he gets to eat the whole thing by himself, and he did!
Then what better way to make a guy feel young again? Take him to a rock punk concert where he can bob his head and jam out. Luckily I liked the bands too so it worked out for the both of us. We went to a Blink 182 concert in Dallas. Asher Rob, All American Rejects, Fall out Boy, and Blink 182 played. It was SO MUCH FUN! Dan and I are lucky to like the same type of music. I feel kinda guilty because I am in like the biggest Country music State and I hate country music, but you just keep that kind of information to yourself.
So we went to this concert, we were surrounded by weed smokers, and basically the whole night was awesome. I have never been so grateful for fresh air when we got out of the fair grounds. Dan had a great time which of course was the most important part. It was a great 25th birthday for Dan, and I can't wait for the next one.
These are just some pics of Dan's Birthday and the Concert.

About to open Presents!

The balloon I got him said "So many Candles, So little Cake" ha ha because he is old!

Uh, I can't remember what he is unwrapping but him just unwrapping gifts

Black Forest Cake! YEP I MADE IT ALL BY MYSELF

Singing happy birthday!

Getting ready for the concert to start. We were lucky because its been so rainy, but it actually turned out to be a nice night.

Fall out boy. I didn't get any of All American Rejects. I wish I did though, he was butt drunk and he did the show in nothing but blue skimpy underwear it was so funny!

Resting between band shows

Blink 182. They were really good live! Except for all the swearing. ha ha that got a little old

3 comments:

Powell's Place said...

what a fun birthday weekend! Nice job on the cake!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Dan! Glad I'm not the only one turning 25 this year ha ha.

grams said...

SOUNDS LIKE TEXAS IS DOING GOOD WITH YOU THERE. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAN. LES,HOPE WE SEE YOU THIS WEEK. LOVE YA