Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ranger No, Ranger Go potty, Ranger not on the bed,

Ranger Ranger Ranger. What are we going to do with you.....
I swear he is a child!
Here is what Ranger has done to our lives since we have gotten him. First I must say I absolutely love him, and he is the most precious thing in the world, but man oh man I was not expecting it to be this much work! So many people warned us over and over again, but we had to get him.
The first few days we had him, he got sick and was throwing up everywhere. So I took him to our Vet and the Doctor looked him over, did some tests and came back in to talk to me. Here is what he says.....
"Lesli, I have a big concern about Ranger, His symptoms, and how quickly they came about is a major sign of Parvo. In other words a puppy killing disease. There is nothing you can do to help it, if your puppy has this he will DIE!"
Literally people this is what the Doctor told me. So I of course tell him to run the test. The nurse grabs Ranger and leaves the room.
I just break down and start crying. I am in the crammed little room not allowed to turn my cellphone on. It was very scary.
The Test results......NEGATIVE! holy crap I was so happy. The Doctor was so nice and comforted me, and told me it was ok to cry. It was a very touching moment. I now love my vet even more. so he gave us some medicine and Ranger hates it. ha ha its a joy giving it to him but
now Ranger is doing great and spoiled.

He poops and pees everywhere. Thank goodness for Resolve!
He wakes up every 2 hours in the night to go potty.
He whines when we put him in his kennel at night, whines for ever!
He is so adorable that I don't even care that I am falling asleep at my desk at work
He makes me laugh all the time.
He's definitely preparing us for kids

&

He's already a part of the family

2 comments:

Rasmussens said...

welcome to mommyhood. He is so cute. I wish I lived closer so I could babysit. Love you guys.

Abbie said...

Les when I got my new puppy I was told to put a radio by his cage at night and he wouldn't whine so I tried it and it seem to work great! Good luck with everything :)