Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something I'm trying

Being in Young Woman's means I get to do personal progress all over again. Even though I already received my Madeleine I thought I would set a good example and do it again. Not going to lie, I am not the best example for these girls ha ha, I sometimes have to remind myself that I am their leader and not their peer.
Anyways The purpose for saying that, is I decided for one of my projects to work on better Healthy living. I am a total candy junkie, anything sweet I will eat it. I would rather have candy then regular food, well I decided that I'm not getting any younger so for my goals in this project I have cut out ALL sweets, soda and Juice, and trying to cook healthier. I am also running every single day well except for sunday of course.
IT SUCKS!
I have been at it for about 2 weeks now, I have 4 more to go to reach my goal.
So just when your eating sweets or sippin back a cold one, please remember me, and do it in honor of me. Hold your glasses high and if your really feelin it, throw out a cheers to me! ha ha

Just a random thought for the blog. Any encouragement is appreciated! :)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Good job! Keep it up! I just started running again and I am having the hardest time. I want to start eating healthier too but I can't get myself to do it yet. I want to get in the habit of working out first and then I will attempt the healthy eating. Good luck with everything, you can do it!!

Rebekah Wood said...

Leslie, I totally understand your sweet tooth! I've been trying to do a little better myself and, in trying to find good recipes, I ran across this awesome website chock full of healthy foods.

http://www.101cookbooks.com/

I don't know if you'll find anything you like on it, but maybe it can keep you jazzed to stick with your goal! Good luck!

Tami said...

Good luck Leslie. I too am tring to earn mine. Reading the Book of Mormon is what is holding me back. I'm close. Kylie and I have been working on it together. So fun. She is better than me. I made a family cookbook for one of my goals. It took me 3 years to finally get it done. But I did it.
Miss ya, love ya Aunt Tami

Anonymous said...

Lesli my dear I am doing it with ya!! I have been on the no sweets thing for 4 months and the no soda thing for 2 years. The first 2 weeks are the hardest but after that it is SOOOO much easier!! You can do it!! I am rootin you on!

Anderson said...

Les- I bet you are amazing in Young Womens! Following in your mom's footsteps I see! You are way stronger than I am and very dedicated- good luck with the goal! Hope you guys are doing good! Let me know when you come home next time- I want to see you!

Cisneros Family said...

Nice work Les!! I need to do the no candy thing! I just don't think I can do it! Proud of ya. Miss you.

megan said...

GO LES!!! Wow I can't imagine you skipping on a good soda! Good luck I know you can do it!! Oh by the way if you're looking for a fun way to work out see if there are any Zumba classes around. They are seriously so much fun!!!