Monday, December 12, 2011

Blessed

A little late, I know, but I am finally getting to it.

We blessed June over Thanksgiving weekend in Idaho. The reason for doing it in Idaho is because all my family was there for Thanksgiving and it was easier for Dan's family to drive from Canada rather than fly. So we got permission from our bishop here in Texas and permission from my homeward back in Idaho.
It was such an amazing day. It is a day that really makes you realize the blessings you have in your life and how powerful it is to have a husband who holds the priesthood and that he can give our daughter a blessing. Dan did a great job and spoke from the heart. It was so amazing sitting in the pulpit surrounded by family and friends and hearing him bless our little girl. We were able to write down her blessing and plan to give it it her when she is older. I'm so grateful for all those who came and thankful for my in laws for making the drive all the way down to Rexburg.

By the end of the day, June was worn out. It's so true how cranky babies can get when they get out of routine. She was completely pooped! I don't blame her though, I would be too after being passed around so much. It was kinda nice though because she slept through the night.

We had a lot of family traditions for her blessing. The dress she wore was from the Lancaster side. All the granddaughters have been blessed in this dress and than Grandma Lancaster embroiders their name and the day they were born in it. Such a fun tradition! Than she wore the booties that every granddaughter on the Cheney side have worn. My aunt and uncles were blessed in these booties and now the grandchildren. I love that we have all these traditions that I really hope it continues.


4 Generations.


It was an even greater day because of all the hard work of my mom. June loves her grandma. She really knows her.


The great men in June's life. I love how June is curled up in Dan's arms. She is just way to precious!

I love her. I love her dad. I love the gospel. The end.

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

June is beautiful. I miss you! Why do you live so far away? I don't like knowing June is growing up and we won't see her. I don't know why I get emotional when I think of my sisters, but I do! I just want you to know how proud I am of you! You are a great mom! I can't believe you are all grown up! You are beautiful. I love you.
Alright... enough being sappy! This is ridiculous.

Anyways, the post on the movie with June cracked me up!! You should write a book. You're good at writing. Sometimes I even laugh at loud!!