Wednesday, December 21, 2011

June hits 2 months


Dear June,

You have hit your 2 months old mark. Say what?!? Oh how you have changed just in the past two months. I love it and hate it all at the same time. It’s so fun watching you grow and see more of a little personality come out, but it’s hard to not have you be a newborn anymore. You are still in some newborn clothes, mostly the onesies. You’re practically in 3-6mo pants because your legs are so long. Even the pediatrician can’t get over how long your legs are.

You’re so funny at the things you do. We bought you a swing this month because your dad and I both got so tired of bouncing you so hard in your bouncer that we needed something that would move you automatically. Though you prefer your bouncer the swing keeps you moving. You LOVE to move. We practically hit the floor when bouncing you in your bouncer and the swing has to be going full speed in order to keep you happy. We think your going to love roller coasters and crazy rides when you get older just because of how vigorously you love to move.

I think that it’s safe to say you officially sleep through the night. You will take a nap around 8p.m wake up at about 10p.m for one last feeding frenzy and then your out until about 7 or 8a.m. You do still have a random fussy time for about an hour at night, but its alright, it gives me an excuse to just hold you without having to worry about anything else.

You’re really lazy when it comes to tummy time. You really don’t try at all. I would be concerned about your neck if you weren’t already holding it on your own, but you seem to be doing just fine. Tummy time just makes you fall asleep, or you start getting upset, so tummy time doesn’t last that long.

The pacifier still isn’t happening. You will take it if your hungry and I keep holding it while in your mouth, but as soon as I let go, you spit it out. I know you really hate it because you are gagging on it any other time I try to give it to you other than when your hungry. So, no pacifier success.

You are smiling so much more now. Your Dad can get you smiling so much. I no longer think it’s the gas bubbles. I really think you are a happy baby. I’m glad you are smiling more now, before you had a natural frown on your face and you were always giving people dirty looks. I prefer the smiles.

Your Dad and I are so excited for your first Christmas. You have your very own passport and we can’t wait to show you off in Canada. You are only 8 weeks old, but we wrapped your gifts and got you stocking stuffers. We couldn’t resist. It’s going to be so fun!! We will see how you handle the freezing cold. I’m just praying you don’t get sick.

Well that is really all I wanted to share for your 2-month update. Time is flying by way to quickly, but I’m trying to capture as much as your life as I can to remember my favorite little things. You’re my favorite little person. I love you more than words could ever explain.

Love you my 2 -month old Juniper.

Love Mom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jaden was the SAME way with the binki at June's age. He would gag on it or just spit it out if I didn't hold it in his mouth. Eventually at I think 4 or 5 months he did take one again but only a specific kind and still today will one take that same kind. I will have to look it up and see but I'll let you know, cause maybe June will like the same one!

Minda said...

Congratulations, she is such an adorable little thing.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Just wait, soon enough she'll be the one making you guys smile and laugh!

Rasmussens said...

She really needs to start growing up. She has already changed. I miss you guys.