Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5 Months


Dear June,
A whole hand! That's how many months you are! All five finger's pop up when counting the months. It's mind blowing. It seems just like yesterday you made your big appearance, and everyday just gets better and better.
You as a five month old are a very VERY cute. I will tell you that it makes me feel pretty darn good when I overhear someone telling someone else how adorable you are, or how we can't go anywhere without someone stopping me and saying how they can't get over your features. We are told you look so much like a real person and not just a baby.... We think it's a good thing! Yes we think your the cutest baby EVER!
Your sleeping pattern is improving more and more. It was the hardest thing in the world when you woke up in the middle of the night and started crying, and all I could do is sit there and listen. You do great at soothing yourself now so it was worth it. You are now completely sleeping through the night! :) It breaks my heart a little, actually a lot, that we don't rock you to sleep anymore. I sneak in sometimes and rock you while your sleeping because I can't help it, but you have become a dependent little sleeper and not needing me to put you to sleep. Sad.
Your hair is getting thinner and growing back blonde. Daddy had bleach blonde hair and it's looking like you will too for a while. We will wait and see.
You are rolling over from your back to your belly, but refuse to roll from your belly to your back. You never were the average baby and I blame it on your lack of enthusiasm of being on your stomach, but at least your rolling in some direction!
You are playing more and more with your toys and are loving sucking and chewing on all of them. Swollen gums takes a part in that, you poor thing, but you are still a happy baby which doesn't make it to painful. Your favorite toy is still your mermaid, but your favorite thing to suck on is your elephant blanket, made with lots of love by your aunts and grandma Mendenhall.
You get so happy while singing and reading books, and you hate when Daddy wears hats. I think it's because you don't recognize him. You are starting to recognize strangers and when I'm not near. I like it when you cry and I take you and you stop instantly. Ya I'm your mom and no one can ever take that away from me. It's the best feeling in the world.
You LOVE talking! You just chatter away all day. I think you discover a new noise you can make everyday and you just continue to talk and talk and talk. You get that from me.
Your growing more and more. I think your a chunk but according to Dr. Tomecko you are just an itty bitty thing. in the 20th percentile weight and 75th percentile in height. My little super model, I will encourage you to pursue other things than being a model in your life.
We have a million nick names for you but we mostly call you: June bug, Juniper, Juney Toons, Bubba Grumps, and Chub chubs. (Don't take them personally)
June, We love you so much that it hurts my heart!
Can't wait for the next month!!
Love, Mom



2 comments:

Leandra said...

Lesli you and June are both the cutest. Glad you posted it to fb nOw I can see more of cute June!

Nancy said...

What a cutie! I love reading these posts!