Monday, March 12, 2012

Why the Crap did we MOVE?!?

Dan and I can't even talk about it without shaking our heads and wondering why the crap we moved!
With recent turn of events with Dan's job, we are able to move into a house a lot sooner than we thought. Which is awesome, but we are now just kicking ourselves for moving, when it would have just been a lot easier to stay in our old place instead of living in our new place for 3 months and move again! What a whirlwind. It's defiantly a lesson learned that I am sure we will be sharing with a children in the years to come.

It's ok though, we moved.

Moving bites. We always think it will be easy, but when you start moving you realize how much stuff you have! And now we added a child to the mix and had to add a whole other room to the moving process! We had two days to move out, which wasn't to bad since Dan took a couple days off. We moved all on our own. Friends offered but they couldn't come until night after work and we were ready to get going, so we decided to just do it ourselves.
My friend Mary did come over to babysit June so we wouldn't have to pack her up every time. HUGE LIFE SAVOR!!!

So like I said we moved all on our own. Dan was very patient with me, but I am pretty sure we wedged every piece of furniture in the door. I was laughing the majority of the time, yelling we need a plan. Dan just shook his head.
I was pretty proud though lifting couches, beds, washers and dryers with Dan. I was really sore the next day and ended up with like 6 nasty bruises but we did it!

Just a classic moment of what kept happening

June and Liam playing while we packed up


A little bitter sweet moment. This was June's first home, a little sad to leave, but on to bigger and better things!


1 comment:

Lauren Byers said...

moving is SO hard! I've never done it with a kid yet...i'm already dreading it! And I'm sad that you guys are moving away soon :( But that's awesome you're getting a house! :)