Saturday, November 10, 2012

Back 5 years ago

Today, Dan and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary. We did the big celebration last weekend with our trip to Colorado, but I needed to write something on this day, since I have every year since we have been married. 

I started this blog in 2008 right after we got married, so I never posted about our wedding day. Since these blog posts turn into books, and I don't have anything from our wedding in them,  I thought I would rewind the past five years, and go back to that day. So here is our wedding, and some of our wedding pictures.

asjkghaokgjskgdh (that's the rewind sound..... going back 5 years) 


Dan proposed September 14, 2007, and we got married November 10, 2007. 

We were married in the Idaho Falls Temple at 10:00a.m. I woke up in my bed alone for the last time, feeling nervous, excited, calm... all emotions balled into one. My sister Megan did my hair and helped me with my make up, and made me feel so beautiful, more than I ever have. I felt even more beautiful when Dan saw me, and I saw the expression on his face. I can honestly say, I will never forget that moment. 

The ceremony was beautiful. Full of loving words, and surrounded by friends and Family.

 we became husband and wife. 



My sister's were my bridesmaids. I loved their dresses. We had a difficult time picking out bridesmaids dresses, and at the end of it, I was being called Bridezilla, even though I NEVER said anything! It all worked out and they were gorgeous! My sister Michelle, Megan, Me, (SIL) Shay, and my sister Brooke.



I can't believe how young we look here. I was 20 and Dan was 23. 








We had our luncheon at "The Loft" and it was delicious and set up so great! 

My mom was so incredible planning my wedding. I seriously didn't have to lift a finger. She had her trusty pumpkin book (Inside Joke) and she planned the whole thing! It was a fall wedding, full of pumpkins, leaves and fall floral! So beautiful!


My parents are AMAZING people! They both did so much for my wedding and I don't know if I will ever be able to repay them! My mom was so incredible with all she did, my dad made a pumpkin fountain too! Seriously it was amazing!



I don't have many pictures of the actual reception but this was what our center pieces were.

I was exhausted by the end of the night! It was so great though to see so many people! 

our family did a nice job getting our car! Funny thing though... We were taking my parents car on our honey moon! haha so my sisters had to drive our car to get it cleaned! LOVED IT!

That day was so fun! Really exhausting, but clearly a day we will never forget. 

5 years later and we are more in love than this day 5 years ago. So much of our lives have changed. We have moved 6 times, graduated from BYU-Idaho, and Baylor University, and now we live in the huge city of Dallas, in a house, with our most amazing daughter, and dog. We are not perfect. Our Marriage is not perfect. We look back and laugh at the things we used to think were important, and what we fought over, but I'm still so in love with my man, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. He really is my better half. 

So there you have my wedding in a nut shell! 

5 years down and millions to go!  

2 comments:

Kashari said...

I love your colors! Its crazy how fast time flys!

Rasmussens said...

I still remember that day so clearly. I remember crying as I watched you get married because you were the baby and things were changing. Dan is awesome and you are too! Will always love ya..