Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful for Thanksgiving!

This year, Thanksgiving was splendid! simply splendid, like Martha Stewart. Now if only I could cook like that lady.... Stupid Martha Stewart making us look bad.

My Parents flew in from Idaho on Tuesday, so we were able to celebrate all week! It was so amazing having them here. June seriously loves my parents.... She didn't even hesitate going to them, and became instant best friends. It was so adorable how excited she got when she saw them!

June and my mom started this new game and now June feels the need to "tip over" every time she's on a bed. These two are going to cause nothing but trouble! 

This is a little video showing their little game.... 


Wednesday we spent the day showing the parentals around the city, walking,eating and catching up. 

We all went for a morning walk around the green belt and played at the park. 

My Parents are seriously the coolest! They aren't just sit on your butt kind of people, they are all about getting on the ground and playing with the grandkids... They are so much fun and it's never a dull moment with them!

I mean really... My dad can put a smile on anyone's face! He's Hilarious!!!

We went and had lunch downtown and spent the afternoon walking around. The weather was perfect. In fact we even got a little toasty walking around! Thank goodness for Texas and it's beautiful weather.

We played a couple games of Risk. It's a very addicting, frustrating game that could definitely end with people not talking to each other, but it was really fun playing and no one ever got too upset... Except maybe me because everyone was always ganging up on me!! 

My dad expressing his true passion to be a pool boy.... Oh wait no.. Ha ha he took a sweep at cleaning the pool for us. I'm lovin the pose. 

Cleaning out my first Turkey. This was my first Thanksgiving to cook, Thankfully my mom was here to help and well, really do all the work. haha I don't think I would have been able to do it without her. I now realize how much work she does every year when she is usually cooking for a family of 20! 

The Man of the house cutting his first Family Thanksgiving Turkey. 

 My Table setting. We had us four and then we had a friend (Phil) join us too! It was great! my parents bought me a new dish ware set,as a house warming gift, and they worked perfect for Thanksgiving! 

 We cleaned up dinner, turned on the Cowboys football game.. because we are Texans, and fell asleep with very full stomachs!

It wouldn't be a Thanksgiving night unless we spent time looking through Black Friday ads. I know some people hate Black Friday, and I do understand why, but I LOVE IT! I love the rush of finding the one Item you want, and seeing people go crazy! ha ha It seriously is so fun!


Once the food had settled we decided to go bowling! Keeping the tradition alive!! We go bowling every Thanksgiving and this year was no exception. I even bowled a Turkey my very last turn, and won the game!!

The bowling gang

 Friday was shopping, shopping and more shopping. My mom and I headed out while the boys went golfing. I love spending one on one time with my mom. It doesn't happen to often so it was great just spending time with her. 



June's first year writing to Santa at Macy's. Oh my gosh I have the most beautiful baby! 

 
We met up with the boys and continued shopping. The boys were good sports to have tagged along with us

Later that night, we went to ABE's and ate some delicious sushi. 


The next day was time to pack up and take my parents to the airport. June went to go help grandma pack the rest of her bag. 

After some trouble with flights at the airport, we ended with all smilies and a little bit of sad hearts to see them leave. 



It was such a great Thanksgiving and I'm so grateful that my parents were able to come and celebrate with us. There is nothing better than being with family during the holidays....
Now time to get ready for Christmas! 

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, you're always entertaining. :)
Love your parents, I miss them alot (and you too), your June is just adorable. Hugs xx