Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Surprise 5 year anniversary

Well. I was just blown away when Dan came home one day and sat me down. He handed me a green binder and told me we need to look through this. 

This year we hit 5 years of marriage. A big number. Dan and I decided our very first year of marriage that we want to go to a different place for each anniversary instead of getting each other gifts. It has been awesome traveling place to place each year, and it's been way better memory wise, than some gift. Though I do like gifts.... No, no traveling is much better. 

This year seemed to sneak up on us. We had talked about different places we wanted to go, but with so much going on we thought we would just go somewhere small, like to Austin, or even go up to Oklahoma and spend a weekend at the lake. Dan told me to not worry about it, that he would figure something out. I honestly didn't think anything of it. Until the green binder. 


He sits me down Tuesday night, and said we need to look through this binder together. 
This is what I opened. 
Dan is great at surprises, but I never expected him to go to great lengths. 
As the pages kept turning, I got more excited at each page, until the page came to where we would be staying. Then We hit the page to where we are going. Dan says. "Pack your bag lady... and June's, we are heading to:"
The Rocky Mountains. 
We headed to the airport Thursday Morning. 

Dan even took care of all the bags, and June in the stroller. Don't worry I totally helped. But we did get some interesting looks at the airport. 

We drove through the mountains for about an hour and a half. A beautiful drive. Then we turned a corner, and seriously started climbing up the mountain. I was worried the Rental Car wasn't going to make it up. It was pretty steep. 

But then we came to this. Our Cabin! It was all ours for 4 days. It was so nice inside and there were other cabins around us, but you would never know, it felt so private. I was kinda glad to see other cabins around. Just a peace of mind, incase with zombies..... to much "Walking Dead"
It was fully stocked with anything we would need! It was so great! 

Literally, sat up in our bed and this was our view. Windows surrounded the bed room, so it was perfect view of the mountains. 

Dan and I enjoying some very quite time with hot chocolate 

We did bring June along, and we are so glad we did. She was a trooper, and Dan and I still had our alone time. We loved shopping down in the little shops. We bought June these wood stacking blocks. 


Like I said, we had our own quiet time. It was great, just getting away from everything. We had no cell service up at the cabin, only a land line. It was so refreshing to be away from media, cell phones, and constant distractions. We really had some great heart to heart talks, and what our lives have been like the last 5 years. What's changed, what's good, what's great, and what we can work on. Oh I love this man with my full heart. 

We went on little hikes around the cabin and around the town. 









We had to climb a hill to get back to our cabin from a hike, and I was really struggling carrying June up it. Ha ha. Dan offered numerous times to take her, but I was bound and determined to get her up that stupid hill. I was a little soar the next day... Can you say out of shape?

           Out collecting kindling for our fire. I sat and watched him, because we had so much wild life outside of our cabin I was worried Dan might get eaten.

           We had lots of deer and elk come right by our cabin. It was so fun!


I can't help but post pictures of these two. She loves me, yes, but man this little girl is 100% a daddy's girl!

After June went down for the night, Dan and I were able to enjoy our view! It was so beautiful!

We didn't have a high chair for June, so we managed to feed her just sitting on the counter. I am very grateful for a high chair. She's a squirmer and it was difficult to feed her.

Also. The Bath tub was downstairs of the cabin, in the third bathroom clear at the end of the hall. We didn't want to lug her up and down like that with all of her stuff upstairs. SO.... we put her in the sink! The sink was huge, and well she had a great time in it!

                   This little guy ran across the street right in front of us. Gave me a little bit of a heart attack!

We went to the Rocky Mountain National Park. A lot of the roads were closed due to snow, so we didn't get to see the whole park, but it was still really pretty. It made us miss home for just a minute having the mountains surrounding us like that. Until the wind picked up and we realized we love the warmth in November. 





She get's the best of me. I swear she knows she isn't supposed to have her pacifier during the day. Only to go to bed at night, and I hate her having it, but SOME HOW, she finds one and sticks it in her mouth, and gives me a little look saying "Ha ha mom, in your face" Ah! I'm so excited to get rid of that thing, but for now it keeps her happy.

I'm just so in love with this man. It has been an incredible 5 years. It has been imperfect, stressful, we have struggles, but it's also been so full of love, happiness and laughs. I'm really love, and I can't wait for the next 5.
 The trip was so amazing and so needed! We had a great time and it was so much fun and I love my family so much!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww I love you two!! Happy anniversary!!! Oh and your awesome with the binki thing cause Jaden still has his ALL the time and he is 2. So your already doing better than me on that.